10 | world's most wanted

𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑

𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑

 𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍, 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐀𝐍

ELEANOR

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The room held a strange resemblance to a prison cell. A single bulb hung from the ceiling and every shade of grey suddenly standing out around me. The chair I was seated on was of no comfort at all and the weird stench of chlorine and methane had started to churn up my tummy in a weird way. I placed a palm over my mouth to restrict a nauseous gag, my throat constricting once again as I sniffed it. Behind me, the Iron Maiden stood tall, independent and on standby. I was devoted to keeping her out of the hands of our enemy and so lawfully, I had shut her down. Without knowing how to restart it again. 

Letting out a sigh, I looked to the door, which was locked, and scanning the rest of the cabin for any chance of escape. Even though I was not here against my own will, I knew the chances of me making it out alive with a dead suit was null. Sadly, my probability of escape plummeted to minus when the door cranked itself open. 

A man stepped into the light, towering, thin and walking towards me like a cobra seeking its prey. He was Norman Osborn, for sure, with his dark eyes that insinuated nothing but the downfall to the opposing. His hardened features suddenly turned friendly when I met his vigilant gaze, the ultramarine hued suit starting to look a lot like black as he took a seat opposite to me. This man could be no older than fifty, his features slicked yet lined with wrinkles and his lips sunken inside. When he spoke, I knew he was all business.

'Miss Preece,' he said, his tone immobilizing like his face. 'Thank you for agreeing to meet with me. To reiterate, you are not under arrest. I just have a few questions and you can leave right before... tomorrow at least.'

I forced the monotone mask to remain unbroken. I trailed my gaze from the table back to his eyes quietly. I tried to speak with influence when I did.

'Lovely to know I'm under no legal obligations then,' I said. 'I am no professional lawyer but I do know you are violating my fourth and fifth amendment rights. American-wise.'

How the hell did I even know that? I was surprised by my answer when Osborn blinked, shaking his head to return suavely. I forced the nonchalant look to stay fixed on my face, tilting my head in a challenge.

'We—we have lawyers,' he nodded, making himself sound accountable. 'I mean, I'm not. I'm just asking questions. No harm is done.'

'Ah, alright. Forgive me for assuming the informality of our situation,' I sassed, pointedly looking to the room door and the soldiers standing against it. One of the assholes had cuffed and shut me in this room while I was in the armour and I ought to give him a good clocking.