The First Argument

Start from the beginning

"Mrs. Smith, may my partner and I please have a moment?" Jevan asked her.

Mrs. Smith looked at her watch. "Is everything alright?" she asked, looking to my worried face.

"Yes ma'am. We just need to finalise something."

"Five minutes," she said and called upon the other couple.

Jevan and I left the classroom in search of Jason.

"This has Brooke written all over it! I bet she got to my bag somehow and took Jason so we can fail this class," I said as we walked through the halls, peeling our eyes for the stuff doll.

"Maybe you should stop blame someone and take responsibility for yourself. This is your fault," Jevan said to me.

I halt. "What?"

"Maybe if you were attentive, we wouldn't be looking for him when we should be presenting right now!" his voice rose and echoed through the empty hallways.

I felt tears forming. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Where did the nice and collective Jevan went?

"I can't believe this shit! Where was the last place you remembered having him?" he went on.

I couldn't think. I was hurt. He was lashing out on me because of what Brooke did with another guy. I was on the receiving end of his anger and that wasn't pleasant.

"Blossom?" he called. He stopped walking and turned around towards me.

"I don't know," I answered.

"You don't know! You don't know! So you're going to make us fail this class because you have no recollection of what you did less than thirty minutes ago?"

"Ooohhhh, trouble in paradise?" a voice inserted. We turned and saw a smirking Brooke, holding our Jason.

"I knew she took him," I mumbled.

"Hey! I didn't take your stupid doll! I found it in the washroom on the sink a moment ago," she spat at me.

I watched as she handed Jason to Jevan and walked pass us. I turned to Jevan and he shook his head at me.

"Oh, so that's it? You didn't snap at Brooke but you could snap at me?" I asked him.

He stayed silent and started walking back to class. I followed behind, pestering him on the way there.

"Admit it. Go ahead and say that you still love her, Jevan, and it kills you to see her with another guy."

"I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT BROOKE ANYMORE! And I swear, if you say another word to me about her, I wouldn't give a fuck about you either!"

I was shell-shocked. He cussed at me. I had never heard him used such obscenities towards me or anyone else for that matter.

I lowered my head as the tears came. Jevan walked away and went into the classroom and started the presentation by himself.

After I've gathered myself, I joined him.

___________________

At lunch, I told Nina and Sophia what happened.

"Oh no, boo. Why were you constantly drilling him about Brooke?" Nina asked.

"Because I thought he was still in love with her and that he was angry about her kissing that other guy this morning," I answered.

"Look, this is new to you and love is a learning experience. I guess you'll know better next time to not bring up his ex to his face like that," Sohia explained.

"That's it there's a next time. You guys should have seen the way his eyes flared and darkened at me. You should have heard the thunder in his voice," I spoke.

Nina tapped and rubbed my back gently. "Just give him some space. He maybe going through something and needs time to process. Jevan loves you."

"I don't know if he does anymore," I replied. "What I said to him, was it really that bad?"

My friends nodded.

_____________

For the remainder of the week, Jevan and I didn't make contact with each other and everyday after school, I would wish that he'll call or offer to take me home.

I listened to Nina's and Sophia's advice on giving him his personal space. I did exactly that. And felt as if I wasn't in a relationship anymore.

Time didn't heal anything. It had me hurting more and more each day when I didn't hear from him.

How can you love someone but ignore them completely as if they never mattered in the first place?

_____________________

The following week, I was a mess and I showed up at school with my hair uncombed and puffy, and the first person I just had to run into was the principal.

"I'm calling your mother," were the only words she said when she ushered me into her office.

My mother showed up and Mrs. Tisdale had a long discussion with her.
My mother was told to take me back home and braid my hair. On our way out, we ran into Brooke.

Bloody hell!!!

Her eyes popped as she watched between me and my mother.

"Gloria, what are you doing here?" she asked my mother.

"Miss. Diamond, I'm just getting my daughter," my mother answered her.

What the hell!  Miss. Diamond?

"Ohhh, this is your daughter?" she asked my mother and it was like I could see the evil wheels turning in Brooke's head.

She was going to make me regret coming to America, coming to her school and being the new girlfriend to her ex-boyfriend.

___________________________

A/N

Well, there you have it folks. The update you've been waiting for.

Just how far would Brooke go after learning that Blossom's mom is her house maid?

And what's up with Jevan's coldness ?

Find Out In The Next Chapter!

      ** Don't Forget To Vote **