"Are you mad? Why would I inform, when I was planning to see this surprised face of yours. You don't know how much I missed you all, walking over those silent road always took me back to our alone time. You know I even called dadi, but I guess she won't be coming before autumn. Anyways I am very Happy to see you after so long." Omkara said his smile reached to his Otherwise,intense eyes.
" But... why are you looking so tired? And are you coming from office? At this time?" Omkara was finally able to subdue his excitement, and saw a tired looking Shivaay.

Only now, he scrutinized him and observed, that Shivaay was walking like a limped man, disheveled hair, formal clothes- minus the perfect creeze his trademark, but everything was a miss, so was his twinkling eyes. He is tired, also looked overworked.
His brother is a workaholic but shine in his eyes never was absent, today it has something very depressing in them. Omkara is tensed, now he can see vacant mansion too, there's no chirping or chaos, usually happens at these hours.

"Is everything fine Shivaay? Where are you coming from? I didn't see Rudy, Annika and Prinku. I met mom, but she didn't say anything. And choti ma? She was not in her room!What happened?"  Shivaay looked at him smiling a facade smile.
Om's will worry for Annika. He looks distant from  family, but he cares for everyone. Living far from everyone didn't isolated his love. He knew he would be dishearten, Annika was doing good, panicking him, especially when he came after such a long time would be a mistake. With a genuine calmness he told him.
" Rudy, is out for his basketball match, will return today. Prinku must have partied last night, so must be with her friends, you already badi ma, dad is out of country ane mom must have gone to Temple. And as you can see here I am!" He deliberately skipped Annika, expecting he won't catch it, but whom he is fooling? If she is his everything than she is om's elder sister. He always takes advice from her.

"And Annika? You didn't mentioned her! Where is she? " Omkara now was sure it's about Annika, but he wanted to know what it was.

"Wo... actually om....She is in hospital admitted yesterday, but don't worry she us fine...just for precautions! she'll be discharge by today, I am coming from there itself, she is..." He saw a line of tension forming over om's face! He was partly angry, and partly sad.

"Now you'll hide things from me? That too about Annika? Shivaay...." Baffled he said raising his hands on air, and pressing his forehead, with desperation.

A thought occurred to him, Why didn't his mother told him anything, seconds later, he was compelled to think, is it  because of her? Annika is hospitalized! Her dissension is not unknown to him. He has warned Shivaay many times about her, capability of doing anything, to harm Annika.
As if Shivaay read his thoughts he added,
"No. Badi ma has nothing to do with this, Annika unknowingly ate chillies, its alright Om, she is fine now, anyways it wasn't that serious. She was to be discharged yesterday itself, just for observations....you know." Shivaay cleared the air of suspicion.

"Is she fine? How irresponsible of mom, she didn't even hinted about Annika! Sometimes she acts so immature! Why even I am expecting this? Tell me Shivaay is she fine?" Omkara said frustrated with his mother, she didn't changed a bit!

"Yes, she is fine. Completely fine, I left her when she was in sleep, came here to freshen up, I'll change and will head back to her, you can see by yourself, come with me. she is completely fine, she'll be happy to meet you." Shivaay assured him, but Om's suspicious eyes didn't miss the sadness around his face.
" Are 'YOU' fine ?" He asked and blue eyes filled with sparkling water, they ditched Shivaay and couldn't keep secret.
Shivaay's eyes moist, a faint smile told, how miserable he felt. First, because Annika is hurt, and second, because of things going in their life. It's getting over his control, omkaara may not have guess the reason but he knew Shivaay is not doing good.