Ace x of x Spades

"GOAL!" the three of us shouted in unison as we passed the examiner. "Yes, I won!" Gon exclaimed and pumped his first. "No way, I won, so you both have to buy me dinner!" Killua argued. "No, I clearly crossed first!" I insisted.

"Hey mister, which one of us was first?" Gon asked Satotz. The examiner blinked, breaking free from his thoughts. "I believe you all crossed the finish line simultaneously," he said. Killua groaned. "Aw, seriously? Then who buys dinner for who?" I asked. Gon thought for a moment. "I got it!" he said. "I'll buy dinner for Aki, Aki will buy dinner for Killua, and Killua will buy dinner for me!"
"Huh?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. "That makes no sense..." Killua sighed.

After that whole event, we had to wait outside the tunnel for a while until the time limit for the marathon was up. Honestly, it was boring, but not nearly as bad as before the exam started. Because now, I had people to talk to. And I was excited at the fact that I'd made it through that marathon and barely felt tired. Must be an isekai thing.

"Hey, Aki," Killua started, leaning against the wall. "Hmm?"
"Who's Jesus Christ?"
I almost choked. "Uh- what?"
"I asked who this Jesus person was."
"Um... where did that come from?" I never thought the day would come where someone would actually ask that question...

"Earlier, you said something like, "Jesus Christ, quiet down"'to Leorio. I don't get it at all."
"You mean he doesn't exist here?"
"Huh? What's that supposed to mean?"
"It's... never mind. He's just this really famous guy where I come from."
"Oh. Where's that?"
"Uh..."

My heart raced nervously as I tried to remember countries from the world of Hunter x Hunter, but nothing came up. "...Far away."
I wanted to slap myself in the face. Far away? What kind of response was that? Killua blinked. He apparently sensed my discomfort, because he stopped asking questions.

"Aki, what's an Oreo?" Gon asked. I sweatdropped. Now you're asking questions? "It's a really tasty cookie from my wor- my country. There's sweet cream layered between two dark cookies, and there's a bunch of ways to eat it. Dipped in milk, whole, removing the top cookie, eating just the middle..." I began to drool just thinking about it. At least this was a question I could answer comfortably.

"I know, I'll treat you guys next time I-" I paused. Oh right. I'm stuck in a different world. The sudden reminder depressed me as I remembered my original goal. "Next time you what?" Killua asked as Gon drooled over Oreo fantasies. "Next time I visit my country, of course!" If Killua noticed anything wrong, he didn't say so.

"You kind of look like you're from the Azian Continent, but it's hard to tell. Maybe Jappon?" Killua muttered.
"Azian Continent? Jappon? You mean Asia and Japan? Japan's part of Asia anyway..."
"Asia? Japan? What are you talking about? It's Azia and Jappon."
I froze. Oh yeah, the Hunter x Hunter world is different from mine. I laughed nervously. "That's just how we say it in... Jappon."
"...Interesting."

Once everyone was out and we were reunited with Kurapika and Leorio, Satotz began talking about the next part of the First Phase. Yeah, next part. The First Phase wasn't even over yet- we were only halfway done.

In the middle of his speech, a man appeared behind the building with a humanoid monkey that looked suspiciously like Satotz. Is that one of Hunter x Hunter's creatures? He claimed that Satotz was actually an imposter. Wait a second... I think I remember this. Didn't the guy with the Satotz-monkey actually turn out to be the imposter examiner? Wait, this is good! I'm starting to recover my memory of the show! Wow, knowing the truth makes me feel like some sort of god. This will be useful.

Just as I was thinking that, I saw a bright flash. Suddenly, everything turned... black and white? Almost like an old-timey photo. My eyes widened as I looked around. Everyone else was moving incredibly slowly, for some reason... except for me. I looked down at my hands, slightly relieved to see that I was at least still in color. Wait a second, this is like... I gasped again. Have I become the Flash?

My name is Aki, and I'm the fastest girl alive. When I was 17 years old, I was reincarnated into the world of Hunter x Hunter by something impossible. I still have yet to find out who or what did this. Then, an accident made me the impossible. To the outside world, I'm just an ordinary twelve-year-old girl, but secretly I use my speed... Actually, I haven't done anything yet. But one day, I'll find what sent me here and get justice for myself. I am... the Flash.

I laughed humorlessly to myself. As if. Super-speed would be great, but I don't even know what this is yet. It's been one crazy event after another.

I glanced ahead and saw several cards slowly making their way towards Satotz, and more heading towards the imposter. And... a card headed towards me. What? Why? Hisoka's arm was slightly outstretched. He definitely threw them. It was just a little slower than the other two groups of cards, but still, I could see it moving.

Without thinking, I lifted my hand and caught the single card out of the air. It's a good thing I did that too, because when time finally turned back to normal, the imposter was dead with bloody cards sticking out of his stomach. I was forced back a step upon receiving the force of the card in my hand. This is... just a playing card, right? How...

The Satotz-monkey blinked and scurried away in a panic. The actual Satotz was unharmed- he was holding the cards that had been aimed at him. I frowned. What the hell just happened? The examiner said something, but I wasn't really paying attention. I glanced down at the slightly steaming card in my hand, still confused. The Ace of Spades. I looked up. Hisoka's eyes glinted. He smiled and faded into the crowd.

Huh? Did I just almost die? I felt someone tugging on my shirt. I stopped spacing out and realized that Gon was trying to get my attention. "Come on, Aki! We'll get left behind!" he said. I blinked. "Wha- oh, right... sorry."
"Are you okay?" he asked as we started to run. I tried for a reassuring smile. "Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks."

"But back with that imposter, you were spacing out, and you had this weird look on your face. And where did that card come from?" Gon asked. "Oh, this? Nothing, it's nothing! I just... found it in my pocket," I laughed nervously, shoving the card away.

"Guys... I think we should move up," Killua said. "Oh yeah, good idea! We need to stay close to the examiner so we don't lose him in this fog," Gon agreed. I glanced behind me, eyebrows furrowed. "That too, but the clown bastard is behind us, and I really don't want to be anywhere near him," I said. Killua nodded. "I can smell it in the air," he said. Gon sniffed the air. "Smell? I don't smell anything." I sighed and smiled at Gon. He could be so clueless sometimes.