Girl of My Dreams| Devin Booker

Beginne am Anfang

Two drinks later and she finally silenced her feelings. The problem however was that she could barely feel her face. She'd always been a lightweight , tonight she thought she'd use that facy yo numb herself. She was successful.

"I'm going to get my replacement. You don't move, I'm taking your ass home." Eying her sternly , Tyrone looked back at her a few times as he retreated to the back.

Taylor never listened, he should've known that. SO when he came back and she was gone he wasn't surprised. When he looked to Devin's section and realized he was missing too , panic set in.

Calling an Uber had never been so challenging. Standing outside , Taylor leaned against the outside of the club as she squinted at her phone. Just as she had clicked the settings for her Uber , a large hand took her phone away.

Glancing up , she felt everything inside her clench.

"C'mon Tay , let me get you home."

Devin Armani Booker.

"No , I'm good. Give me my phone."

"Are you serious right now? Don't make me pick you up Tay."

"That's kidnapping."

Huffing , Devin looked around to the valet who'd just gotten his car and nodded at the young man.

"Taylor , stop being childish. You're drunk and I really just want to make sure you get home safe."

"Why do you care?"

"Taylor , let me take you home, please?"

His eyes always got her , she didn't know why but as soon as she stared into them she couldn't hate him anymore.

"Fine."

-

The ride was silent , in all reality he had no clue what to say to her and she was trying her best not to vomit. Closing her eyes , she began to take deep breaths as he rounded the corner to her home. It occurred to her at that moment that she'd never told him where she lived. He just knew.

"Devin , how?"

"Phoenix is my city , I know things. Like I know you got a job here at Deloitte and moved two months ago without telling me."

"My mom told you, didn't she?"

All he could do was smirk.

"Yeah she did."

Her mother had always loved Devin , she blamed Taylor for their break up because she didn't know the whole truth. She thought her daughter choose her career over love because of how hard Taylor had thrown herself into school after they broke up. She didn't realize Taylor had worked that hard to distract herself from the heartbreak of being cheated on and left.

As he pulled into her driveway , she felt her stomach lurch. Throwing his door open , she dashed out before she lost everything she'd eaten in the last eight hours into her bushes. In the middle of her wretching she felt one of his hands gather her hair and the next pat her back gently.

If there was ever a time she'd hoped for alcohol poisoning to take her , it was now. She couldn't look at him. Not as she walked to her door and let herself in and he followed or when she'd come out of her bathroom refreshed.

Aside from the new shame , she felt her emotions regarding him stirring. However , he was unmoved. Watching her walk in fresh out the shower in an oversized black hoodie with her fresh face and curly hair in one reminded him of the good times. She was so beautiful , she always took his breath away when she was in her natural element.

"You're still here?"

"I told you Tay , I just want to make sure you're good. I couldn't leave until I saw for myself."

Nodding she motioned towards the length of her body.

"All in one piece and semi-sobered. You can leave now."

"Do you want me to?"

She didn't. As she swung around to reply , her head spun and she lost balance. Almost like clock work he was at her side and hauling her to her bedroom.

"I don't."

Her answer was soft and it came as he reentered her room with water and tea. Placing both on the night stand he tried to figure out what she was talking about as he watched her sit up.

"I shouldn't want you here but I do and I hate that." She clarified.

"I want to be here."

It was the last thing she expected to hear but she knew he meant it. She could see it in his eyes.

"Here and where else? It's always two or three with you."

The truth didn't faze him. Moving closer he laid at her side and pulled her into him.

"Here Taylor , just here with the girl of my dreams. The one who loved me before Phoenix."

"How can I trust you?"

"You just have to let me earn it okay? I never stopped thinking about you or loving you.Everything's just been so different , so easy since the money. Too easy,I lost sight of what really mattered , who really mattered."

"And I matter?"

Looking back on everything , Devin knew the answer to her question in his heart. She'd never asked anything of him but fidelity. He should've given it to her but he was young , rich , and talented. The world was at his feet and he'd almost lost his soul to it. No girl could ever replace her.

"You're all that matters."