Hana's "Linda" + Author's Note

Shoto gladly took the seat across from you. You told him that you would pay for his order but, he quickly dismissed that idea as he paid for his and your meal. "Hamasaki... you really didn't have to do that you know..". You told him as you took a sip of your drink.

"Don't worry about it. So about this book, have you found anything that might help?" Shoto leaned in closer.

"Well, kinda? I mean this contains so much information. I don't even know which quirk could be mine." You were flipping through the pages. You stumbled upon the King Vlad page again. "I mean what if I'm related to King!" You held the photo up to your face for comparison. Shoto chuckled as you giggled.

"You know... speaking of relatives.." your eyes staring back at his with curiosity. "What about your family Shoto? You haven't really said much. You did say your father was involved in hero work right? Do you have any siblings?"

Shoto's face got darker and darker as you questioned his family. He knew you would get curious but, never really expected it to be now. He tried his best to answer your questions vaguely.

"O-oh yeah... I have 3 older siblings." Shoto was nervous, he wanted this to be over and done with already.

"OoOo!! How about your dad and mom? Was your mom a hero too, or just your dad?" You sip more of your drink then, ask him more about his dad. Who knows, his dad could be an awesome, badass hero!

"My dad isn't a great hero or anything... trust me." He grunted. Calling Endeavor his "dad" was like having to swallow a huge pill for him. You were too curious to even notice how uncomfortable Shoto has gotten so naturally, you asked more questions.

He got more annoyed with the questions about his dad. He slowly squeezed his right hand into a fist on the table. He didn't realize that he was freezing the table.

"What about-..hey Shoto, you're freezing the table.." you realize the new icy layer that has now covered his half of the table.

"...." Shoto didn't even pay attention to what you were saying.

You waved your hand in front of him. "Hamasaki Shoto to earth! Hello!! You are freezing the table!" This time he snapped back to reality. He was surprised when he saw the ice and took his hand away from the table.

"My apologies, I didn't realize..." Shoto quickly melted the ice away. You raised an eyebrow.

"Is everything alright Shoto? You seemed tense just now." You leaned in to put a hand on his to make sure he was alright but, he immediately leaned back.

"I'm fine I promise, I'm just a bit tired." He said in a monotone voice. It was the same voice he used when you both meet each other for the first time. "Let's just go back to the subject at hand." You just nodded your head.

****Time Skip****

Shoto and you stayed in the cafe for a bit more, after that awkward moment. You both decided the best way to at this situation was to train with your "new" quirk. You both went to the same old field, as you were walking you couldn't help but notice a silence that wasn't there before. You both stood across from each other. Shoto ready as ever as for you were terrified. You knew that there was a big disadvantage in not even knowing how to activate your new quirk. But, Shoto promised that he was going to go easy.