i think i love you ~ will byers

So sorry for the recently very slow updates, I promise I'll publish more. Just a short smol one while I try to work off writer's block.

"Will?" I knocked gently on Castle Byers, absolutely drenched from the rain.
"Just go away Mike!" Will said in frustration.
I bent through the door way and smiled half-heartedly. "Not Mike."
"Oh. Hey Y/N."
"I was walking through the woods and I, erm, I saw the light on, and I thought I'd come and check you're okay. I know you were supposed to be with the boys right now."
"Are Max and El outside?"
"No. Just me. They sorta...ditched me. For each other. I'm the third wheel now."
"Oh. Me too. Mike and Lucas are even closer now they both have girlfriends. It's like I don't exist, I don't think they even...I don't think they like me anymore."
"Will?"
"Yeah?"
"I still like you."
"Really, or are you just saying that?"
"Really." I said with a laugh, wrapping my arms around myself.
"Here, you look freezing." He picked up a jacket that was cast on the floor and placed it around my shoulders.
I pulled it closer, smiling to myself. "Thanks."
"Y/N I think I love you." Will blurted.
"What?" My heart stopped.
"Oh shit." He widened his eyes. "I just said that. I'm sorry. I should go."
"No, no, no. Will. Don't be embarrassed." I gently put my hand on his wrist.
"It's just...you're always here for me no matter what, you always listen, you tell me all about your problems. I just really really love you." Will's eyes welled up.
"Hey, hey." I sniffed, tears forming in my eyes also, and cupped his cheek.
"Why are you so nice to me Y/N/N?" He stared into my eyes.
"Because I love you too." I said calmly, shifting closer to him on my knees, "You're one of the most important people to me in the world. In fact, apart from my family, you're probably the most."
"You're my most." He held my other hand.
"Thankyou." I said quietly, slowly lifting my gaze to his pupils. There was a comfortable silence before our lips neared each other multiple times. I decided to go for it. I closed the space between is and put my lips to his.
After a few seconds, Will pulled back slowly and leant his forehead against mine. "Why did you do that?"
"I don't know." I said shyly, "I just did."
"I never said I was in love with you."
"Are you serious right now?"
"No."
"Can you shut up cause you're kind of ruining the moment Byers." I giggled quietly.
He scrunched up his face, "I mean—"
I cut him off by kissing him again.
He pulled away once more and said, so quietly I could barely hear: "Can we play D&D now?"

~

Okay this is so bad I just read it back and we—

Thanks for reading, have a great day/night, peace leaves 🍃💞