~14~

As he drove them home, Jungkook found himself gripping the wheel as if he wished to snap it. He was trying it was killing him.

Furrowing his eyebrows, he remembered heated talk he and Jimin had had after the incident at the academy gates.

Noel had stormed off and everyone else had gone to their respective classes, leaving him alone with Jimin. The only person whom he knew better than himself.

"What are you doing? You're supposed to be my friend, Jungkook! Why are you making things so difficult for everyone when no one has done anything wrong?"

Jimin tried not to shout, but all the frustration he'd been trying to work past came pouring out, directly at Jungkook.

It was rare that Jimin ever snapped. That's when Jungkook knew he'd really overdone it.

Despite that, he snapped back, "Not done anything wrong? This was none of her business!"

Jimin threw his hands up, "You made it her business when you made me leave to get away from you!"

Jungkook flinched as if he'd slapped him. Glaring, his gaze fell to the floor, having no retort; he knew Jimin was right.

"Jungkook, I'm not coming back until I get a proper apology," Jimin sighed, as sadness clouded his features.

He looked so tired, and he had done that. He had done that to his longest, truest friend.

He hesitated but looked back up at his roommate, praying that he would actually remain that.

"I'm sorry. It just hasn't been easy, being left behind by you. It seems like she's everywhere."

Taking a reassuring step closer, Jimin spoke, "This isn't about her J. This is about us, this," he motioned between them.

He nodded, having nothing else to say.

Sighing, Jungkook looked sideways at Jimin on the passenger seat.

He was staring out the window at nothing in particular, it seemed. His head was leaning on it, orange locks framing his face. He hadn't uttered a work since they'd left Noel's place.

The way Jimin had barged in the house after Maira had called, telling him that Noel had lost consciousness would forever be harshly engraved in his mind. He and Maira had practically flown over the stairs to get to her. And he had been left alone in a foreign house, not knowing whether he should sit or stand or close the front door that Jimin had completely disregarded. Like him, he'd thought.

He'd been so caught up in his own head that he didn't realize he almost drove past their place. Jimin didn't even notice.

The minute he killed the engine Jimin exited the car in slow, forced movements. Jungkook fell in step behind him, letting him run things at his own pace.

They entered and Jimin dumped all his stuff by the door. He threw his phone on the couch and Jungkook gaped. Jimin never threw his phone, he protected it more than himself.

As Jimin slothed up the stairs Jungkook's head rose with an idea. He dropped his bag where he stood and rubbed his neck that was starting to cramp up.

Wincing, he grabbed Jimin's phone from the couch and pressed on the number.

When Maira finally answered, Jungkook greeted her, taking the stairs three at a time to reach Jimin faster.

He spoke into the phone, "Tell him she's doing alright. He definitely isn't."

Without waiting for her response he entered Jimin's bedroom. He didn't even move. Jungkook approached him and stretched his arm, watching as Jimin jumped like a spring when he saw who was on the phone.

Once again, Jungkook felt invisible. Dragging himself out of the room, his head hung low, he realised she truly was everywhere.