4. the apple doesn't fall far from the tree

WARNING!
Mentions of attempted SA.
Skip the part where I've timestamped.
Read at your own discretion.
Thank you. Stay safe.

THE CULLEN'S STOOD UP immediately on high alert when they heard Nathalia speed into their lounge with her enhanced speed. The look on her face was wide and shocked which made them be on edge.

"What is it? Are you okay?" Edward asked her, his panicked face entering her eyesight as he tried to read her thoughts but they were a jumbled mess.

"When was someone going to tell me you have wolves as your neighbours?" Nathalia exclaimed wildly, her eyes looking like bug eyes as they were about to pop out of her socket.

     "How'd you find out?"

"Jacob Black," Nathalia replied and the Cullen's, excluding Carlisle and Esme groaned at the Original, rolling their eyes and giving her a look. "Oh cut it out, Eddie already tried to give me a lecture but I rebutted and said I am immortal." She gave a sickening smile to Edward who shook his head.

"How do you know who Jacob Black is Lia?" Rosalie asked her, folding her arms across her chest with a raised eyebrow.

"I met him by the stream few nights ago."

"Nathalia!"

"What?" She screeched with her eyebrows raised to her hairline. "I might be childish sometimes but can you please not forget I am over a thousand years old!" Nathalia scoffed with a roll of her eyes. "Jesus Christ."

"Do not say his name in vein." Jasper pitched, trying to defuse the environment as he felt how tense his sister and friend are getting.

Nathalia chuckled, whenever Jasper said a joke or something sarcastic it was a lot more funnier than what he actually said. Because it's Jasper saying it. He just makes it 10x funnier.

Carlisle stepped forward, about to speak up for his family and the logical and historical reasons as to why no one told Nathalia about the wolves next door.

"We knew you'd find out sooner or later Lia," he cleared his throat. "I hope you understand why we couldn't tell you ourselves. Many years ago, we signed a peace treaty with the Quileute tribe. As long as we keep our end of the deal, there will be no conflict. Also stated in the treaty, we can not mention the knowledge of the Quileute tribe and what they are. But since in your case, although Jacob didn't say yes or no to the myth, you having walked this Earth a million times, of course you wouldn't say no to the potential of them being shapeshifters."

Nathalia nodded her head, taking in the information. "Shapeshifters? So naturally they can shift into anything they would put their mind to?"

"Naturally." Carlisle nodded his head.

"But their natural instinct is to shift into wolves," Edward mentioned. "The gene triggers when there are Cold Ones nearby."

"Is there bite lethal?"

"No," Carlisle shook his head. "But they can kill Cold Ones. Natural enemies you see."

"No full moon then?"

"No. They can shift whenever they like."

Nathalia's eyebrows raised to her hairline. "Wow. My brother would be very intrigued by the shapeshifters."

"The werewolves you know Lia," Jasper spoke up, his mind becoming curious. "Their bite is lethal, correct?" Nathalia nodded her head. "Have you ever been bitten by one?"