Chapter 33: A Break By the Lake. Hey, That Rhymes.

Start from the beginning

       Sawyer led me outside of the house and two his truck. We put the suitcases in the back before getting into the truck. "Is there any chance you can tell me where we're going now?" I asked.

       "Jamie, you can wait," Sawyer said. "I promise that you'll like it."

       "That's what you said before we went to the haunted forest."

       Sawyer chuckled. "Fair point. Okay, I will tell you that where we're going isn't haunted or anything like that."

       "That's what someone would say before taking me to a haunted place."

       "True, but I promise that it's not haunted. And I'll never break a promise to you."

       "Okay, if you say so..." I was still unsure about whether or not Sawyer was telling the truth but I was going to trust him. For now. If we ended up going somewhere haunted, I was going to cry and break up with him.

       We first stopped off at the grocery store to pick up some food. Sawyer did grab some graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows so I was afraid we were going to the haunted forest again.

       We didn't.

       He soon parked the truck beside a lakeside cabin, one that seemed huge. "Here we are," he said, turning off his truck.

       "What is this place?" I asked. 

       "It's my family's cabin," Sawyer said. "We come here all the time. And whenever one of us wants to come here alone or with friends, my parents are cool with it as long as we don't make a mess, don't throw a party without telling them, or don't get anyone pregnant."

       I sighed heavily. "I guess that means no to us banging, huh?"

       Sawyer gave me a weird look. "You do know that none of us can get pregnant, right?"

       "You do know what a joke is, right?"

      Sawyer rolled his eyes as he got out of the truck. "Hurry up and get out. I want to show you around the cabin."

       I got out of the truck, grabbing my backpack before closing the door behind me. I went to the back of the truck and took out my suitcase. Sawyer grabbed his as well before leading me into the cabin. I immediately had such a warm feeling as we walked inside. There was just something about this place that seemed so homely and welcoming.

       "Now I know why you wanted to take me here," I said. "It already feels so relaxing, and I definitely need to relax after everything that has happened recently. And the best part is Lulu and Beau aren't here so I won't feel like a third wheel. They're gross."

       "I thought you wanted them to finally get together," Sawyer said.

       "I did," I said. "But they're too lovey-dovey. It makes me feel lonely at school because my boyfriend doesn't go to that school."

       "You'll live," Sawyer said. "So what do you want to do first? We can sit by the fireplace and watch a movie, swim in the lake, just sit by the lake. Oh, we can have a hot tub in the back."

       "Ooh, can we skinny dip in the hot tub?" I asked.

       "Of course that's the only thing that came to your mind."

       "You know, I tend to focus on only the positive things in my life so all I heard was 'of course', meaning that's a yes to skinny dipping."

       "How about we eat something first?" Sawyer asked.

       "You asked what I wanted to do first and now you're taking away my choice?" I asked. "How rude."

       "Once again, you'll live," Sawyer said. "We're here for two more days, until Sunday. We have all the time in the world to do anything you want. After we eat first. I am starving."

       "I'm starving as well."

       "Then we'll ea--"

       "Starving for you."

       I was, admittedly, trying to annoy Sawyer but he was starting to get less and less annoyed by my sexual comments. Right now, he just smiled softly and chuckled. "You're something else, Jamie."

_______________

oh how i missed jamie, my sexual boy <3

so at first, i wasn't sure if this was going to be a solo book or end up being a series but i hath finally decided what it will be...

A SERIES! i figured out what the second book is going to be about and yes, my boy jamie is still the protagonist because he's so fun to write about.

anyway i'm actually getting this posted a lot earlier than normal :O i normally end up posting my books between 1am-3am (sometimes past 3 oof) but it's only 11:20pm

it's only because i finally got a game i've been wanting since april (persona 5 oof) so i wanna focus on playing it oof