Mission Child Endangerment

Start from the beginning

"Thank you."

"Made it myself."

"What about me?" Dustin asks. Steve slowly turns to him.

"I was just going to make you one." He turned back but the doors open reviling Robin with paper.

"It is fascinating what 20 bucks will get you at the County Recorder's Office. Starcourt Mall. The complete blueprints." She placed them down on the table.

"Not bad." Dustin smiles.

"So, this is us, Scoops, and this is where we want to get." She pointed out.

"I mean, I don't really see a way in."

"There's not, if you're talking exclusively about doors. Air ducts. Turns out, this secret room needs air just like any old room. And these air ducts lead all the way here." She draws on the paper and we got the way. We looked at the air vent. Steve pulls out a ladder and unscrews the vent.

"Flashlight." Dustin gave it to him. Robin and I stood back and watched him. "Thank you." He turns on the flashlight and looks into it. "Yeah, I don't know, man. I don't know if you can fit in here. It's, like super tight." He jumped off the ladder.

"I'll fit. Trust me. No collar bones, remember?" Dustin as he climbed up.

"Uh, excuse me?" Robin said.

"Oh, he's, uh Yeah, he's got some disease." Steve said. "Chry, uh It's chrydo, um Something. Yeah, I dunno. He's missing bones and stuff."

"Its not a disease. Its a medical condition." I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever it is. He can bend like Gumbo."

"You mean Gumby." Robin corrected him.

"I'm pretty sure it's Gumbo." He nodded. Robin and I looked at each other. She mouths, 'you still like him?'

"Steve, just shut up and push me!" Dustin said as he was in the vent. Barely.

"Okay. I'll push ya." Steve grabs his feet.

"Not my feet, dumbass. Push my ass." Dustins voice echos.

"What?" Steve was debating about it.

"Touch my butt! I don't care!" Dustin yelled. Steve pushes him in. "Come on! Harder! Push harder!"

"I'm pushing!"

"You're playing with my legs."

"I'm not playing, I have terrible footing." This got so much weirder. "I'm gonna just shove you, ready?"

"Just shove me?"

"One, two-" Steve shoves him into the vent.

"Shit."

"That work?"

"He barely even move!" I said.

"One more time." Dustin said. The bell started to ring, nonstop. Robin grunts and opens the door. It Was Lucas little sister, Erica.

"Ahoy, sailors! All hands on deck! Ahoy!" She continues to ring the bell. "Come on. Get over here and serve me some samples." Shes small, she can fit in the vent! I turned to Robin, who was already looking at me.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" I said to her

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" I said to her. We both smirked and looked at Erica.

"Hmm - Yeah, I don't know." We served her ice cream, which she made Robin and Steve make if she wanted to help us.

"You don't know if you can fit?" I said.

"Oh, I can fit. I just don't know if I want to." She sassed.

"Are you claustrophobic?" Robin asks her. Erica snickers. "I don't have phobias."

"Okay, well, what's the problem?"

"The problem is, I still haven't heard what's in this for Erica." Steve comes back with more ice cream. She looks at it. "More fudge, please. Go on." She shooed him away. Steve rolled his eyes and went back.

"All right." Robin pulls out the blueprint. "You see this? This is the route you're gonna take. Then we just wait till the last delivery goes out tonight. Then you knock out the grate, jump down, open the door."

"Then you find out what's in those boxes?"

"Exactly."

"Mm-hmm. And you say this guard is armed?"

"Yes, but he won't be there." Dustin told her.

"And booby traps?"

"Booby traps?" I questioned.

"Lasers, spikes in the wall?" She listed. "You know what this half-baked plan of yours sounds like to me? Child endangerment." She pointed at us.

"We'll be in radio contact with you the whole time."

"Ah, ah, ah!" She cuts off Robin. "Child endangerment."

"Erica? Hi." Dustin spoke and she turns to him. "Uh We think these Russians want to do harm to our country. Great harm. Don't you love your country?"

"You can't spell "America" without "Erica"." I sat up. Holy shit, yeah it does.

"Uh, yeah, yeah." Dustin surprisedly said. "Oddly, that's, uh, totally true. So, so, don't do this for us. Do it for your country. Do it for your fellow man.  Do this for America Erica." Erica slurps on her empty float, that sounds so annoying i just want throw that cup.

"Ooh! I just got the chills." She said. "Oh, yeah, from this float, not your speech. Know what I love most about this country? Capitalism."

"Do you know what capitalism is?" I asked her.

"Yeah. It means this is a free market system. Which means people get paid for their services, depending on how valuable their contributions are. And it seems to me, my ability to fit into that little vent is very, very valuable to you all. So, you want my help? This USS Butterscotch better be the first of many. And I'm talking free ice cream for life." She looks at Robin.

"You got a deal." Robin said. Erica smiles.