Good Vibrations

—

After a long drive, we finally made to Lenora Hills, California. It was a small town we live on. Kids on bikes playing around as we pulled up to the driveway. Will and I get out, checking out the new house. El and Jonathan joined us.

"So?" Joyce comes in front of us. "Do you like it?"

"Its cute." I shrugged. Aunt Joyce smiles, tossing me the keys to the front. "I call first dibs!" I ran to the door while the other ran behind me. I scanned for the biggest room and stayed. The room had a tan with a hint of orange carpet with soft green paint, a two door closet, two windows, and a bathroom. I definitely scored a good one.

"Son of a bitch." Jonathan looks at my room.

"Snooze you lose Jonny." I patted his chest as I went to help aunt Joyce with the boxes. Men came a couple of minutes later to move in the new furniture and move the heavier boxes into the rooms. El's room was next door while Will's was across from mine. I helped aunt Joyce downstairs with the kitchen and once it was unpacked i headed to my room and decorate.

The first thing that Wendy did was plug in her stereo and played her tapes and started working. Wendy took her posters, displaying them around her room, including the drawings that Will made for her and photos that Jonathan developed. She moved her furniture around, organizing her tapes and vinyls, shoving her clothes and shoes into the closet, a later project, and placed her photo of Steve by her bedside.

She took a break, a smoke break. She sat on her chair, looking at the hard work she did, admiring it. She turned up the volume to Bon Jovi, rocking out. Will laughs as he heard her sing all the way to his room and Joyce kept calling for her. She waited a couple of minutes until she headed upstairs and bang on her door to get her attention. Wendy finally lowers the music and swings the door open.

"Whats up?"

"Can you run to store and get some food for tomorrow? I made a list." She hands her the small list.

"Sure." Wendy goes back to room and gets her shoes, shoving her foot into her converse.

"Can I go with you?" El asked as she peeked her head into the room.

"Come on, i need assistance." El smiles and the girls head to the car and drove into town and went inside a small market. El pushes the cart as Wendy tosses the items into the cart. As Wendy scans the aisles, she noticed that people were looking at her. She creeped them out by giving them a wicked smile and sticking her tongue out. Wendy also noticed how different they all dressed. They all didn't wear all black, rock and roll shirts, they were more colorful, bright, heavy and excessive makeup. Hawkins wasn't this bright. Yes Hannah wore too much bright pink blush but that was about it.