2

Skylars pov

Ashton and I have been standing in the doorway of our joint apartments for about five minutes and his friends STILL haven't noticed us. It was kind of funny to be honest. The three of them were sitting on the couch eating chips and arguing about some tv show. I look at Ashton who has a smirk on his lips and his arms are crossed over his chest. Just then he clears his throat and the three boys snap their heads to look at us at the same time causing me to let out a quiet chuckle.

"Guys, this is my little sister Skylar." I smile at the fact that he called me his sister. We always had that type of relationship.
"Skylar this is Calum, Luke and Michael." He says pointing to each boy. I give a small wave to the boys.
"Anyway,since this is Skylar's first night, I think it would be fun if we watched a movie and y'all can get to know each other." They nod and I look at Ashton.

"I'm just going to get changed really quickly, a dress isn't exactly movie night attire." I say quietly to Ashton. He nods and we walk back into my apartment and to my bedroom. Ashton closes the door behind him.

"Lar, you don't need to be nervous around the guys, their really fun and nice I promise." I sigh.

"I know. I'm just- I don't know." I say putting my head in my hands. Ashton pulls me into a hug.

"It's fine Skylar, don't worry about it. Just take your time to know them. I'm going to get the movie ready, you come over when you are ready." I nod and smile as he kisses my forehead before walking into his apartment. I sigh again and get changed.

Ashton's POV

After I leave Skylar, I walk back to my apartment where the guys are waiting for me.

"We're sorry Ashton, we didn't mean to make a bad first impression." Calum says running up to me with Luke and Michael following behind. I shake my head at them.

"You guys are fine, Skylar just hasn't had an easy life. She's going to come off as rude and shy but she's actually the sweetest girl you will ever meet. Just give her sometime, she builds her walls up really high." I explain earning understanding nods from all three boys. We walk back to the couch and out in the movie when I hear light footsteps. I turn around to see Skylar now in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt walking over to the back of the couch. I smile at her and she smiles back. I sit on the couch with the rest of the boys and signal for Skylar to sit down next to me and Michael. She does and sits VERY close to me as if Michael was a disease. I laugh internally at her shyness and begin starting conversation with everyone. Skylar just stays quiet while the boys and I talk about what they did when I left to get her.

Skylars PoV

I don't know what I'm supposed to do. So, I just sit on the couch with my back pressed against Ashton's side and my legs up to my chest fiddling with my thumbs.

"So Skylar," I look up and make eye contact with Calum, "Tell us about yourself." I bite my lip.

"What do you want to know?" Calum shrugs.

"I don't know. What's your full name?" I tilt my head at his weird question.

"Skylar Rose King- Irwin." I respond.

"Why is your last name King-Irwin?" Michael asks. Usually I would be mad at questions like that but I could tell he was actually curious.

"Um, my biological last name is King but I lived with Ashton for 6 years but never legally changed my name." I explain never looking up from my lap.

"Oh. Cool." Was Michaels reply.
"Ummm. What's your favorite color?" He asks.

"Blue?" I say but it comes out more like a question. Calum and Luke both gasp causing me to jump a little.

"What type of blue?" Luke asks with a hopeful smile.

"What?" I ask obviously confused.

"They do this stupid thing where whoever has the same favorite color is your "spiritual bestie"." Ashton explains causing me to laugh at their stupidity.

"Um light blue." As soon as I say that Calum jumps up from his seat.

"YES! In your face Hemmings!" He says giving me a high five. I laugh again.

"So stupid." I mumble under my breathe warning a poke to my side my Ashton. He always did that when I was being rude to other people.
"Great well, you guys know my full name and favorite color so now it's your turn." I say with a smirk.

"Okay my full name is Michael Gordon Clifford and my favorite color is green."

"Hi I'm Calum Hood and I'm the bassist for a band called 5 Seconds Of Summer." Everyone groans except for me.
"Fine. The name is Calum Thomas Hood and my favorite color is light blue just like my brand new best friend." He says giving me a high five.

"My name is Luke Robert Hemmings and my favorite color is blue." I nod.

"Oh! I'm Ashton Fletcher Irwin and my favorite color is red." I elbow Aston in the ribs.

"I already knew that doofus." I laugh as I shake my head.

"So Skylar any nicknames"

"Well Ashton enjoys coming up with them so Ashton take it away." I say waving to Ashton.

"Let's see we have Lar which is off the table because only I can call her that. Um, Sky, King is cool cause it's her last Name, Skylar is always a good one, and my personal favorite, Rose because it's her middle name. But feel free to come up with your own." He says with a nod at the end of his sentence.

"I'll stick with Skylar." Michael says.

"I call Sky!" Calum says.

"Rose." Luke says with a smile. We continue talking about random things before I eventually fell asleep.