Chapter Twenty-One: Confrontation

Start from the beginning

"So what are we thinking?" Sam asks. "Bad cop?"

The Latinas nod at each other, Maggie saying with a sigh, "That's exactly what we're thinking."

"And here's the bad news," Ella says. "He's in National City."

Maggie can hear the agents thinking before Alex speaks up. "Maggie, didn't you say there was another guy besides the actual cops? Lucifer Morningstar?"

"Yeah, he was missing at the crime scene this afternoon."

"Wait, there's another," Sam says.

"Mazikeen," both her and Ella say at the same time.

"Maze is a bounty hunter," Maggie explains. "Maybe she's looking for them?"

"No, she's the best, she would've found them by now."

"Unless she's helping them."

Ella bites her lip. "She is known to help Lucifer with whatever, and she is buds with Dan." They both frown at each other and Ella shakes her head. "This is getting worse by the minute."

"I'm gonna turn that bolo into and APB for Espinoza and a bolo for both Morningstar and Mazikeen, this is not good. Winn, has facial recognition picked up anything?"

"No, it's like they disappeared," Kate says. "We'll keep looking."

"Alright, we'll split up right now into teams, minus my sister; Kara can go on patrol," Alex orders.

"I don't have my suit," she reminds them.

"I'm not exactly done with it yet," Winn says. "What happened to the one you went Red K on?"

"Somewhere in my closet," she grumbles. "I'll wear that with the cape."

"Wait, cape?" Ella asks.

"We'll look for the last place Dan's cruiser was and Sam and I can stakeout there. Kate, do you go out in the day?"

"Not particularly, but this one time I can."

"Mazikeen Smith!" Ella yells after the cop as she leaves. She sighs when the door closes and looks at the phone, seeing only Winn, Alex, and Sam on the line. "So the DEO exists?"

"Winn."

"Already printed."

"You better not say a thing to anyone—"

"Maggie already had me swear, I'll sign whatever you want me to."

Alex's mouth twitches down into an impressed frown and hums. "Compliant."

"Tell Maggie to keep us posted." Sam ends the call and nods to Winn. "Send us the coordinates." He nods and she pats Alex's arm as she walks off, telling her to come on. "I'm driving."

After getting their gear and settling in one of the DEO's black SUVs, Alex looks over at her as she clicks on her phone, pulling up a map as the phone sits in its holder. "It's not far from here. Be there in about ten minutes or less." She nods and sits back observing the scenery, but also glancing at the driver, noticing her bouncing fingers and slightly moving left leg.

"What's wrong."

Sam's eyebrows and eyes shoot up and over at her. "What?"

"Something happened to you and it's either bugging you or you don't know how to deal with it." When they reach a red, Sam sighs and drops her head on the wheel. Alex's eyebrows go toward her hairline. "Or both."