Chapter Two: Sunrise

A/N: For the singing part, it starts at 0:56. The underlined are the parts from the actual song that neither of them sing, bold is Kara, regular is Lena, and both is italic. I do not own any of the In The Heights music or lyrics. And people have different names for each person in their phone, so keep that in mind.

Lena woke up early to the smell of bacon, eggs, and waffles. She hears a voice in the kitchen, causing her to stir in the bed. Her face goes into confusion for a moment, then remembers the events of last night.

This brings back some memories, Lena thinks as she shakes her head. She looks down at what she was wearing. Of course, a Shawn Mendes tour t-shirt and sweatpants. Still the same ol' Kara Danvers. Lena gets up and follows the angelic voice to the kitchen.

Esquína
Corner
Tienda
Store
Bombia
Lightbulb
You sure?

Kara looks up and sees Lena, singing along with her to the Spanish In The Heights song, Sunrise. They loved this album of the Broadway show. Almost anything Lin-Manuel Miranda related they loved. She continues singing as she finishes cooking.

I'm... sure
Three out of three, you did alright
Then teach me a little more

Kara turns off the stove and takes everything off so it doesn't burn. She walks over to her and takes her into her arms as Lena continues:

Calor
Heat
Anoche
Last night
Dolor
Pain
That's right

Kara shifts so that Lena's back was on her front, putting her arms around her waist and holding her close. She sways her back and forth while Lena leans into her, resting her hands on Kara's, closing her eyes as she continues:

Llámame
Call me
Azul
Blue
Ámame
Love me

Perhaps I do.

Kara turns slowly as they continue together:

Well how do you say 'kiss me'?
Bésame
And how do you say "hold me'?
Abrázame
Al amanacer. At sunrise.

As soon as she finishes that phrase, she opens her eyes and sees the sunrise over National City out of the window. Kara unfurls her, takes her hand and twirls her as they sing:

Anything at all can happen just before the sunrise

She brings Lena back to her, facing her, nose to nose, both of their eyes closed, them hesitating to do what was coming next as they were both testing the waters. It was Lena closes the distance between them, ensuring a long, sweet, tender kiss. The sun shining on them perfectly as they held each other and kissed.

They break away and open their eyes, both pupils in both green and blue irises dilated as they looked at each other right in their vibrant eyes. Kara leans down and rests her forehead on the slightly shorter woman's. "Breakfast is ready," she whispers.

Lena chuckles. "How many times have I said I missed you in the past twenty-four hours?"

"At least twenty-something times. And in your sleep, included."

Lena groans. "I talk in my sleep?"

"Only a bit. You did ever since we were kids. I didn't tell you cause I thought you knew." Lena frowns at Kara who laughs as she brings her closer. "It's not that bad, Lee. It's kinda cute."

"Well, what'd I say then? Other than I missed you."

Kara hums in thought while still swaying them. "You said somethings about L-Corp, funds, financials, economics, engineering. Geez, does your work brain ever turn off?"