Chapter Eight: Uncomfortable Teamups

A/N: Favorite chapter time! Based off 2x02 and 2x04. TRIGGER WARNING LATER FOR MENTION OF RAPE. I WILL PUT IT UP LATER BEFORE IT STARTS AND WHEN IT ENDS.

"Kara." She turned around from studying readings from the monitors on the wall. "He woke up." Kara rolled her eyes as they made their way to the MedBay.

Kara crossed her arms in a closed-off stance as she sees Mon-El sitting up in his bed. "You are not happy to see me," he says. "Noted."

"How are you back here? Why are you back here?" she asked, ignoring his humor.

"I had to escape my parents," he said. "The new system they were going to create was wrong, I couldn't play a role in it. I escaped in a pod, but it was earlier when I left. Must've gotten stuck in the Phantom Zone."

"It's November," Alex informs.

"I left when it was February here."

Kara sighs as she shakes her head. "Things are getting more hectic around here. Still remember the training I taught you?"

"It's how I got off the ship." Mon-El grinned as he hopped off the bed. "Thought you'd never ask."

Mon-El flies back in the air from receiving the blow from the Kryptonian. He slams against the wall but gets right back up.

"Better," Kara states. "Again."

He stretches his neck to the right before he speeds back over to the Super, throwing punches left and right. Kara blocks every one of them, but sees an opening as she blocks. Mon-El throws a strong hook to her side, making the Kryptonian double over as she clutches her left side. Mon-El smirks a bit as he sweeps her off of her feet with a simple swipe of his leg, making Kara fall flat on her back with a small groan.

"Wow," Kara says, sitting up. "You actually do remember stuff I taught you."

"Eh, well, I have a brain."

Kara makes a noise between a scoff and a snort. "Somehow."

"Kara." She turns and sees her cousin at the door in his suit. "Fire downtown."

"Let's go."

"Hey, what about me?" Mon-El asked before they could make it out.

Kara turned back to him, resiting to roll her eyes. "Stay here. Let Alex kick your ass."

<><><><>

Later in the day after their many events of crime (which they obviously stopped), Clark catches Kara in her free time at CatCo. "Hey! Can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Yeah, yeah, sure." Kara looks up from her computer and sees his face. "You're leaving."

Clark sadly smiles and nods. "Yeah. Need to get back to work. Lois."

Kara nods. "I understand." Her phone rings and she picks it up, giving Clark a single finger to wait. "Alex?"

"There's a jumper at the bridge. Bring Clark with you."

"On our way." She hangs up and gives Clark a grin. "One last team up?"

Clark copies her grin. "Let's go."

The two fly off and reach the bridge. Kara approaches him cautiously. "You don't want to do this." The guy turns around and Kara's face goes into some mild confusion. "Corben?"

"Metallo." He shot a green beam out of his chest and at Superman, making him fall back and his veins green, groaning in pain.

"It's time for you to go." He shot a laser at Kara, but she ducked behind a car to avoid it. Superman charged at him, but Metallo stopped him with a short blast and tucking him into a headlock and punching him.