Chapter One: Peter G. Scrooge

Prologue

Homer was dead... Peter's business associate Homer J Marley has ceased to exist. It was there on pen and paper. The death certificate noted on December 24th, 1836, Homer was gone. The undertaker, the clerk, the clergymen, and Peter G. Scrooge can all testify that he was absolutely, positively, undeniably dead as Simba's father of many centuries ago. It all happened so fast. Peter and Homer were one of the wealthiest bankers in all of London by 1832. Both were shrewd in their practices and didn't spend a single penny they earned. They owned most of the slum homes in Central London because of the many people moving here and the need for money. They lent money out to most of the city's poor and squeezed every penny out of them, with the threat of foreclosure. And it worked, and it didn't stop there. They lent money and foreclosed hospitals, schools, and even orphanages. The profits they made were beyond anyone's wildest dreams, but the money was never spent. Nothing came out of that bank. Peter and Homer became they shrewdest money lenders in all of London. Peter was one of the most notorious. Why, if they gave a prize for being mean, he'd be a winner every time. He doesn't care for anything. He just takes whatever is available for payment and gets money out of it all the time. Does he care for the poor? No. Does he care for the feelings of others? No. He is only concerned with one thing, money. When Homer died, Peter considered his death a pain. I mean, it costs a fortune to pay for a coffin, the undertaker, and a death certificate. It would have cost more if he paid for a funeral. He just didn't care enough to do that type of expensive work. He never cared for his business partner either and he still doesn't to this day. Why should he care now. It's been seven years since.

December 24, 1843

"Ms. Elric, As owner of this house you have rented with my money. I have decided that this house will be foreclosed. You are hereby evicted. Gather your things, you are being kicked out". Peter G Scrooge was about to foreclosure another home. He didn't give the tenets any notice of the foreclosure before this.

"Please, I beg you" Ms. Elric said, her youngest child in her arms. "My children and I don't have anywhere to go. And it's freezing outside. Please reconsider Mr. Scrooge.

"Ms. Elric, I'm not sure you're aware, but I haven't been receiving any payment for that house loan you took out. I'm a very impatient man. I'm not going to wait around for money to appear. You give me no choice.

"But my husband left us a month ago, and there is no money coming in. Anything we do get goes to keeping us alive. Ed had to get his leg amputated because of a railway accident. And poor Alphonse is gravely sick. We've gone days without food. We don't even have money to buy clothes, nor shoes. I beg you to please give me more time to find money, please". Ms. Elric shows Peter her youngest child, Alphonse, lifeless in her arms, occasionally going into a coughing fit. His eldest boy, Edward, comes in walking with a crutch in his arms, his left leg gone.

"Mama" Ed said. "What's going on?". Peter was amused.

"Ha. Cute cripple. You should feed him more".

"But I told you Mr. Scrooge, there is no food".

"Your fault. Anyway, I'm going to kick you out now. I don't care if your family is sick. I want my money".

"But it's Christmas, you can't do this to us". Ms. Elric was in tears. "P-please. Have a heart...". Peter thought of it... No. Why should he care. He proceeds to throw Ms. Elric and her boys out of their home forcefully. Al was crying in his mother's arms, Ed was beside his mother, angry and scared. Where will they go now? Peter just looked at them.

"Now, don't come back until you give me my money. Better start selling your body woman. You have a sexy body, perfect for money making". Peter chuckles.

A Cartoon Christmas CarolOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara