A Rebel Wedding (Part Three)

ابدأ من البداية

The party continued for many hours, and gradually the energy of the room died down. The dancing lessened, until all but the bride and groom were sat down, watching the happy couple slow dance contently. Hera closed her eyes, leaning her head over Kanan's shoulder as they gradually circled one another. At the edge of the room, Cham Syndulla watched with a drink in his hand, smiling proudly. He'd taken a shine to Kanan the moment they'd met, the Jedi was a good man, and a perfect match for his daughter. In the past month, the remnants of the Galactic Empire had retreated their garrisons from Ryloth, making this moment all the sweeter for Cham. To see his daughter happy and free, just like her people, made all of his suffering worthwhile. Nearby, Ezra and Sabine sat atop stools at the bar, clinking their glasses together with a laugh.
"Your dancing up there was teeerrible" Sabine remarked with a giggle, causing Ezra to smile and nod his head.
"Ah...my girlfriend always says the nicest things" he commented in jest. Sabine put down her drink and gently placed her hand beneath his chin, turning him to face her.
"Aw...is somebody pouting? Maybe this'll help" she replied, placing a kiss on his lips. Once they separated, he gave a satisfied nod.
"Yeah, no that'll fix it...that'll do it" he said, making Sabine giggle once again. She wasn't usually the giggling type, or at least she didn't like to be. But strong liquor and good friends had a way of changing her. Ezra raised a glass.
"What should we drink to?" the Jedi questioned thoughtfully, there was so much to be thankful for these days. Sabine hastily refilled her own glass, holding it close to his and frowning in thought. And after a moment, she gave him a sweet smile.
"To us...I hope we're always this happy" she stated. Ezra shared her smile, that was something he could drink to.
"To us...Spectres five and six...artist and loth-rat" he replied with a grin. Their glasses clinked together, and each of them took a gulp. Somehow, despite both of them having drunk alcohol many times in the past, it seemed to taste all the sweeter tonight. Sabine glanced behind her, watching Kallus quietly leave the room. Fenn Rau had left ten minutes earlier, and Ahsoka and Rex before him. The party was definitely starting to die down now.
"Back to the cabin? The music is starting to give me a headache" the Mandalorian suggested, aiming a short glare at the eight Bith still playing in the corner. Ezra gave a cocky grin.
"You listen to loud music all the time normally..." he replied, mostly just to wind her up.
"Yeah but these guys are just playing the same two songs on repeat, I don't think I'm ever gonna get them out of my head" Sabine whined, genuinely considering shooting the Bith with the Kloo horn with her blaster pistol at this point.
"Fine, let's head back...while we can still talk in full sentences" Ezra relented, standing up and offering Sabine his hand. The Mandalorian smiled, placing her hand in his and casually strolling alongside him. They took one last glance back at Hera and Kanan, still engrossed in their slow dance, before leaving their surrogate parents to their moment.

Ezra led the way down the Ghost's corridor, his eyelids starting to feel a little heavy. He didn't realise quite how tired he was. During the entire walk, Sabine had been fantasising about one of her planned art projects, and he had listened quietly to each and every word.
"...and then I'd have the star bird in the background...hmm...maybe with orange and blue contrasting tones...know what I mean?" she asked, this great big inspired smile etched across her face. Ezra adored her in these moods.
"So...blue and orange behind the Nebulon-B frigate?" he repeated, absent-mindedly unlocking their cabin door as he listened to her intently.
"Yeah...and have the star bird rising up above this huge rebel fleet, with the frigates...ooh and those huuuge Mon Calamari ships too, and then the Ghost in the centre..." Sabine fantasised, collapsing down onto their bunk with a sigh and staring up at the ceiling. Ezra swiftly took off his suit jacket, hanging it up nearby. Damn thing had been chafing all night, it certainly looked nice, but he wasn't going to wear it to relax. He then took a seat next to Sabine, placing his arm around her.
"And where are you gonna paint this one? Sounds like it'll take weeks, not to mention fill three walls" he remarked, gently stroking her hair as he spoke.
"I dunno...running out of empty walls here...maybe we should get a house..." the Mandalorian commented softly. Ezra glanced down at her in surprise, was that the alcohol talking? Sabine had never been overly fond of the idea of settling down, not when there was still so much of the galaxy left to see.
"What about your exploration plans? You said we'd ask to borrow the Phantom for a stretch...see the galaxy we've fought so hard to free. You not interested in that anymore?" Ezra questioned. Sabine looked up at him.
"Oh I still want to see it all...all of the stars in the sky. That's where I'll get my inspiration from...bur you know what I mean. Coming home after a long trip...having a home to come back to...and then I could paint all the places we'd travel to" she responded, slowly closing her eyes.
"Hm...'Bine? I'd go anywhere if you were with me" Ezra declared truthfully. Sabine opened her eyes, sitting up so that she was level with him. Their eyes met, as did their lips, and both of them wore huge smiles of euphoria. They tangled themselves in a mess of pillows and covers as they kissed. Ezra placed his hand on her hips and frowned subtly for a moment. Beneath her white dress, he could feel the metal of a beskar armour plate. Mandalorians really were all the same, weren't they? He smiled, aware that he was in love with the fiercest woman in the galaxy and overjoyed that she loved him back. They'd come a long way from how they acted when they first met, and if Ezra had his way, quite soon they'd go a lot further. It was time to plan a proposal...