Crimson Dawn

Set during season three (Before 'Trials of the Darksaber'):

Summary – The crew embark on a mission into high society, infiltrating a party to investigate the different crime syndicates hindering the rebellion.

WARNING – THIS STORY CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY. IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE (WHICH I THOROUGHLY RECOMMEND WATCHING) AND WANT TO AVOID SPOILERS, THEN DON'T READ THIS ONESHOT!

The planet of Tholatin, never would such a villainous place be so masked by grand parties and fancy drinks. In many ways, the domain of high society was far more dangerous than even the most repulsive cantinas. The outfits may have been impressive, but they were just veils for the terrible crimes that these people committed. A ball here wasn't really a ball, it was business. A business meeting between hundreds of individuals, each with their own agenda, forming alliances and hiring the poor fools trapped in the control zone to do their bidding. Plots. Assassinations. Betrayals. Nothing was beneath these people, and no act was too far. In short, anywhere, anywhere in the galaxy was better than here, which was exactly what Ezra was thinking as he entered the main ballroom.

The Jedi strolled into the room, his arm wrapped around that of his Mandalorian friend, Sabine Wren. To blend in with the people here, the two of them were forced to shed the armour that had become second skin to them, and replace it with a dress and tuxedo. Ezra's tuxedo was jet black, and he felt like he looked like some sort of undercover agent in it, which he supposed he was, an agent of the rebellion. Sabine, on the other hand, was supporting a stunning red dress, crafted from the finest silks in the galaxy. She'd had the good fortune to be able to order it personally and at no cost, thanks to a mission a few weeks ago where the crew had rescued a master tailor from imperial hands.
"Alright you two, you're about to enter the world of high society. This is ten times more dangerous than an imperial encampment, and to walk out of here with even your lives, let alone the Intel, you're going to have to play this smart. Remember, I'll be watching the whole time" Hera reported through subtle earpieces that both of the rebel agents were wearing. Neither could risk responding to the Twi-lek, but they knew that she had hacked the surveillance, and so they nodded slightly towards a nearby security camera, indicating that they could hear her.

So this was it, after weeks of planning, the rebels had finally managed to infiltrate First Light. First Light was the name given to a Kalevalan star yacht which served as the headquarters of notorious crime syndicate, Crimson Dawn. It had served under many previous owners, most notably the legendary Dryden Voss, a syndicate boss who was killed by smugglers almost a decade ago. But now, it had no owner, no one specific at least, it belonged to Crimson Dawn as a whole, and the leader of this terrifying syndicate never revealed himself in person. That was why the rebels were here, to uncover the identity of whoever led this operation, and hopefully find a way to eliminate them for good. Crimson Dawn had been hindering Phoenix Squadron for months now, stealing shipments and assassinating any rebels who walked in on their territory. It was time to end this threat for good.

The pair of rebel agents slowly moved through the centre of the room, feeling a hundred eyes staring right at them. Ahead of them, a dancer clad in solid gold sang a smooth song, accompanied by some strange creature in a hovering jar. Everything here was strange, just that little bit odd, a feeling that made Ezra very uncomfortable.
"I'm going to investigate that turbolift over there" Sabine whispered, a fake smile on her face as she pretended to be conversing with Ezra. The boy glanced around subtly, noticing a glass elevator towards the back of the room which most likely led up to a private office, and he nodded his head slightly.
"Both of us going is too obvious, you go, I'll stay here. Have a drink, mingle I guess" Ezra whispered in response, causing Sabine to drag him off to the side.
"You're underage" she reminded him quietly, making him grin a little.
"We're in the headquarters of Crimson Dawn, in the middle of one of the most dangerous places in the galaxy, and to blend in, you want me to drink water? Go check out the lift...don't worry about me" the boy stated, leaning casually on the window. Sabine mockingly glared at him, before slowly moving away. Once his friend had left, Ezra glanced around anxiously, feeling very out of place here. He approached the bar casually, placing several credits on the table with a smile.
"Phibian Beer" he ordered, leaning on arm on the bar with a suave smile. The bartender, an uncaring Bivall, poured the drink slowly and silently passed it to the Jedi, who nodded in gratitude. Ezra thought it might be best to stay here, at the bar, with a good sightline on the entire room. He took a quick sip of his drink, his face going pale at the bitterness, it made him feel sick straight away. He shook his head slightly, aiming a sheepish grin towards the bartender, before trying to blend in once again. He hoped Sabine was having better luck than he was.