Sweet Caroline (Sneak Peek)

She had everything planned out until the father of one of her students showed up in her classroom

She had everything planned out until the father of one of her students showed up in her classroom.  Others would have been ecstatic to meet the lead singer to a famous country music band, but not Caroline.  She isn't much of a country music fan.

His music skills aren't what intrigued her, but the chemistry between them that inspires her to write his next album. 

Cody Reid is restless and unhappy in his marriage.  He married too young, but followed his dreams despite being a father and husband.

Two lives crash together, and lives are changed forever.
🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃

Chapter One

Contemplating life, Cody Reid has been doing a lot of that lately. He found success at a young age, married, had a child, and travels from one town to another sharing his talents with millions.

One might think he would be content with his life, but contentment has never been what he has found. He is stir crazy, he feels as if he has been looking his entire life, but nothing has extinguished a need he can't even identify.

He steps off his tour bus and he locked eyes with the only girl that has never let him down.

"Daddy!" Jessie came running up. She looked so cute in her little cowboy boots, Levi's, and button up flannel shirt. Her blond curls bounce as she excitedly runs into her daddy's arms.

"How's my little cowgirl today?"

She hugged him so tight, and he shut his eyes to memorize the feeling of her in his arms.

"Daddy, Mrs. Craft had her baby and I got a new teacher!"

"That's great! How do you like your new teacher?" She pulled back and looked at him from his eye level.

"She sings us pretty songs!" Jessie is so excited, and Cody loves seeing that light in her eyes.

He reached in his breast pocket and pulls out a red sucker. "There's mom, your best to put that away before she sees you with it, Jessie." He set her down, and she quickly stuck it in her pocket. She's pretty good at looking innocent when it's necessary.

June Reid is everything he ever wanted in a woman, or so he thought. He met her at a rodeo years ago when he was performing. She was the owner of the venue's daughter.

He had hoped she would calm his restlessness, but eventually she just caused it to almost blow up out of control.

She became pregnant, they married, and have been together ever since.

She's beautiful, but controlling. She is a good person, and the guilt that he feels over not loving her has driven him into longer tours and time away from his baby girl.

"Welcome home, honey." They hugged after a quick peck on the lips.

"How're things at home?" He walked with his arm around her.

"Daddy has his hands full with all the auctions, so I've been helping. The farm is fine, and Jessie got a new teacher. How was Pittsburg?" She asked him.

"Same as always." He said, and she could sense the restlessness in his voice.

"Your concerts are so exciting. How could you seem so bored?" She asked

"Same people, same reactions, and same groupies." He responded.

Cody has never had much respect for the groupies that try to hang out with his band. Cody loves music and sharing his talents musically with his fans, but he's certainly not interested in sharing his other, more intimate talents with the company of women his bandmates enjoy.

The first thing Cody did when he returned home, was take Jessie out to the barn where she enjoyed the candy her father gave her earlier.

She told him every single detail of what each horse, cow, and chicken did while he was gone. His farm foreman does a fine job, but Cody is ready to get his hands dirty. Someday he hopes to have enough time to dedicate to a ranch, but now a farm will have to do just fine.

This atory is available in it's entirety under my profile!