Part 5

"We have another busy day today, Greer.  I have to get my hair done for a photo shoot tomorrow.  I have to go back to my natural hair color, and it's a lot like yours."  I said.

"Is it yellow?" She asked with a smile.

"Well, blond, but I guess it's kind of yellow."  I answered.

"Mommy used to show me your pictures, and said you were the best sister ever."  She said.

Don't cry, Magdelan.

"Do you mean like in the magazines?"  I asked, and she nodded yes.

"You can go with me to my hair appointment, then we need to get you registered for school, so don't let me forget your file of paperwork.  After that, we have a few people to interview.  We need to hire people if we are to fix this place up."  I said.

"Okay." She slipped off the chair, and I noticed she is still wearing the ring we found in the attic the other night.

I decided to see about enrolling Greer at the private school that's closest to home.  I asked Clara Ann to call and make an appointment, so that just happens to be this morning.

I ended up leaving the school with another long list of things Greer will need for school.  Uniforms, shoes, school supplies, backpack, lunch box, and it seemed like the list would never end.

Then they asked about extracurricular activities, and gave me a list of those.  They also want her to have a physical before Monday, and gave me a list of pediatricians in the area.

I was shocked at the number of things they told me.  PTA meets every Thursday night, I am to supply snacks for her class every other Monday, they gave me dates for her choir practices and concerts, class parties, and carpooling.

"At least we get to go shopping soon." I gave her a slight grin, and she gave me a small giggle.

I had some time open before my hair appointment, so I decided she needs a cell phone.  Not only to entertain her during my hair appointment and photoshoots, but I want her to be able to call me anytime. 

We picked out a pink iPhone like mine, and a cute princess case, and the girl at the shop got it completely set up for her before we rushed to get my hair done.

This is a new salon for me, and I'm accustomed to a stylist.  I was already scheduled to be in New York tomorrow, but my stylist won't be coming because of her own hectic schedule.

I decided to read through Diara's journal, while Greer was occupied by some game on her phone.

The journal started about the time we went to Disney.  There wasn't much I don't know, until I got to her sophomore year of college.  She wrote about a guy named Asher Bianchi.  The time frame matched up, and then I saw what I was looking for this whole time.

"Asher broke up with me today.  I wasn't able to tell him about the baby, he said he never wants to see me again, and that won't be a problem.  We will be just fine without him.  He's already moved on with Nicole Witte."

That was much easier than I thought.  I was planning to hire an investigator, I'll start my research on this man soon.  I truly hope he is a man of integrity and deserves a daughter like Greer.

I kept reading, and found two more names.  Jason Allen and Alex Carlton.

I shut the journal when lunch arrived.  My hair is setting, so I ate with my plastic cap and cape.  Greer giggled at me, and we had a great time at lunch.  She's really trying to warm up to me, and I can see why Mr. Stall said she's an angel.

We finally made it home, and she went to her room to play while I interviewed a gardner, a driver, and a maid.  They were all perfect for the jobs.

Our new gardner, Phil, has a family with a daughter around Greer's age, but the driver and the maid will move into our home.

My driver's name is Matthew, and he recently retired from the Marines.  He's large, and I must admit a handsome man, he has a very buff body, and easy on my eyes.

Rosemary is in her forties, and her children are grown and off to college, she got a divorce, and sold her home.  She seems kind and appreciative for the opportunity, and they were both ready to start immediately.

I gave Matthew a budget, and asked him to find a car suitable for our family as his first assignment.  He was also grateful for the opportunity.  I explained that I will also use him as an assistant, so he will be my right-hand man.

Rosemary will report to Clara Ann, as she will be managing the household.  I would like to keep her from doing much physical labor, due to her age.

I showed them to the third floor, and they both left to get their belongings to move in today.

Tomorrow, I have to interview a chef, two more maids, and a nanny.  With their help, I truly believe I might be able to make everything work.  Next Monday, I have a meeting with an accountant and a financial planner.  I do know I can afford everything because of the nine zeros behind the number seven in my inheritance.  Well, it was left for me, but Greer should have a trust, and I plan to share my grandmother's fortune.

I'll also look into an investigator to look into these three men as prospective fathers for Greer. 

I spoke with my manager, and he recommended a woman name Leslie Clark to investigate them.  I called and made that appointment for Friday.

The next morning, I had to have Greer up and ready by 6 am for my photo shoot.  Matthew drove us in his personal car, and I gave him the keys to the garage so he can store it there, and out of the weather.

  Matthew drove us in his personal car, and I gave him the keys to the garage so he can store it there, and out of the weather