Bohemian Rhapsody

Cassie clicked her tongue several times and Roger checked his watch for the hundredth time, waiting for Freddie to show up. Sitting in the office of the biggest record signers in the world was quite intimidating.

  Freddie bursted through the door and strutted to a seat. "Hello."

  "Ya late." Ray Foster said.

  Freddie just laughed. "Oh, am I?"

  "We waited for an hour!" Cassie complained.

"Oh, my apologies, really." Freddie said sarcastically.

"Ok, so now that we're all here, this is Ray Foster, this is the band's lawyer, Jim Bach-" John got cut off by Freddie.

  "Oh, we must not call him that."

  "But that's his name."

  "Not anymore. I dub-thee, Miami Beach."

  Brian scoffed and Roger tensed up. e could tell that Freddie was getting on Ray Foster's last nerves. Jim laughed, "Sun always sets behind you doesn't it." He mumbled, "Miami Beach, okay."

  "Right, now that everybody has an acceptable name, let's get to it." Ray announced, "Look, we need more hits like Killer Queen. Only bigger!"

  "We can't just reproduce Killer Queen." I spoke up. Freddie waltzed over t the record playing and set down a vinyl. "No, we can do better." The music started soft then began to play Oprah loudly. Roger and I looked at each other and smiled widely. Oprah, how unique, how perfect.

  "Oprah." Rayon noted disappointed.

  "Oprah." John Reid repeated.

  "There seems to be an echo." John Dean laughed.

  The music quieted down. "See, we don't want to repeat the same thing over and over again." Brain said. "We don't want to do the same formula."

  "Formulas are a complete waste of time." I scoffed.

  "Formulas work. Stick with the formulas, I like formulas." Ray smiled.

  "We'll call the album-" Freddie started.

  "A night at the Oprah!" I exclaimed throwing my hands up in the air. Freddie smiled and festered towards me. Great minds think alike.

  ""Are you aware that no one actually likes Oprah?" Ray sneered.

  "I like Oprah." Miami spoke up.

  "Do you?" Ray asked sarcastically. "I like Oprah." John Reid said.

  "Don't you misunderstand, darling, it's a rock and roll record, but the scale of Oprah. The white of Shakespeare, the joy of musical theater, the musical experience, rather than just another record."

  The band and I all nodded our heads in agreement, but Ray....he just scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"There's no musical ghetto that can contain us." Roger exclaimed.

  "No one knows what Queen means because it doesn't mean one thing." I whispered, almost in a daze. The band looked at me, smiling.

  "What do you think, John?" Ray questioned. "I agree with the band." He said.

  "Of course you do." Ray said softly, feeling betrayed.

  "How about you..."

  "Miami."

  "yes..."

  "Fortune favors the bold."

  Freddie leaned on Foster's desk. "Surely a man of your unique taste isn't afraid of a risk."

  "Please don't make me regret this." Ray shook his head.

  "Your fun."