Under Pressure

This story will be in third person unless told otherwise.

  "Freddie. Freddie."

  "Freddie!"

  Freddie's head snapped over to look at Mary. "What? What is it? Everything alright?"

  "I don't know. You tell me. You're the one who's been looking off into space for the last 10 minutes. I'm worried about you, Freddie. Is something on your mind?" Mary questioned. She raised an eyebrow and looked at Fred, who was staring out the widow, again.

  "No. I'm just thinking, is all. Of all the performances that the boys and I have done, tonight feels like it's going to be different." He muttered. He looked at Mary. He placed a hand on her thigh.

  Mary placed her hand over Fred's and held it. "Freddie," she said softly, "why do you think tonight's going to be different? You do great every time you preform, I'm sure you'll do lovely again tonight." Giving her words of encouragement and comforting tone, Freddie seemed to relax and his shoulders were less tense. 

  "Thank you, Mary. I just...feel as if I need to do something. I can't spend my whole life preforming at pubs. I feel like I was born to be something more. A star. On a big stage and a big spotlight beaming on me and the boys. But, I want to be part of a family. My family rejects my love for music. I want to give someone else that feeling of love that I never got from my father. I want to give them something they never got. Y'know what I mean, don't you, Mary?" Freddie questioned turning towards Mary.

  Every word he spoke was true. He wanted others who needed it most, to be loved.

  "No." She spoke slowly. "Freddie, what are you trying to say?"

  "Mary... I think... I think I want to give someone a family. Someone who needs it." He spoke softly. He wasn't sure if Mary still knew what he was trying to say. "Mary, I think I want to...adopt someone."

  Mary's heart stopped. Everything started to move slowly. Adopt? Was Freddie out of his mind? They've only been dating for a few months. They couldn't start a family this soon, could they? They weren't even married yet. Mary had to be sure he was joking. But, looking at his face, Mary knew that this was no joking matter.

  "Freddie, you do know that adopting someone is a big responsibility, and what about us? We're not even married yet!" Mary exclaimed standing up. She placed her hands on her hips and looked down at Freddie who was still on the couch, looking back up at her.

  "Are you suggesting..." Freddie trailed off smirking. He stood up, about to kiss Mary, but she turned away.

  "Freddie!" She said seriously. Mary walked over to the window Freddie was looking at earlier. "This is serious!"

  "I know that, Mary." He said running over to her. He held both of her hands and looked her in the eyes. "I want to do this. I don't know any other person I would rather do this with than you."

  "Freddie, are we even qualified for this? I mean...raising a family. Would we be good parents? And what if the band becomes huge and you go touring the world?"

  Freddie smiled at the thought of touring the world. Man, could he dream. "Then we'll cross that bridge when we get there, alright, darling?" Freddie hummed. Mary breathed out and nodded her head.

  "I suppose so, Freddie. I suppose so."

Thank you for reading. I know this is another short one. The chapters will be short until it starts up for when Cassie is "in the movie". So, obviously this book will be based of the movie. The chapters should be longer by next update/chapter. -Butterscotch