Chapter 19

“We’re here,” Apollo awoke Jeremy from his daydreaming after about an hour longer of flying.

            “Thank the gods. She’s still breathing, and we’re here, so Amanda may have some hope after all.”

            “You’re welcome.”

            “Oh, be quiet. This isn’t the right time, Apollo.”

            Once Apollo rang the bell twice, a loud female voice came out on the speakerphone, “Hello. How may I help you?”

            “I’d like to see Jonathan Asclepius, please.”

            “Right this way, sir,” the same voice came from the doorway this time. The girl had her honey colored hair in a loose bun and her smile was as wide and soft as the Milky Way. She looked no more than twenty. “Oh! Grandfather Apollo! What a lovely surprise! My dad’s personal assistant is out today, so I get to fill in for her,” she gave Apollo a quick hug, and he embraced her as well.

            The girl next turned to Jeremy, extending her hand, and Jeremy firmly shook her pale, elegant hand, “I’m Asclepius’s daughter, Hygeia, the goddess of health, and Apollo’s granddaughter,” she explained, “And you are?”

            “This is my mortal half- brother Jeremy,” Apollo responded for Jeremy, giving her a warm, loving smile, “Which makes him your father’s uncle, and your great- uncle.”

            Jeremy followed silently behind the pair, listening closely to their casual conversation. He almost wanted to slap them across the face, and he actually might have if they were not gods and family members both. How could they be so carefree at a time of such dire need?

            “Where is you father’s office, Hygeia?” Apollo inquired.

            “Right this way. I’m sure he’ll be very happy to see you, Grandpa. Follow me.”