"Ah, makes sense."

"Evey!" Jared suddenly says and wraps his arms around my neck from behind me and slumps down, almost chocking me.

"Jesus Christ Jared!" I whisper-yelled and turn around to look at him. Despite the playful look he had on his face, his eyes were staring right into Jeremy's soul.

"Is this your boyfriend? I feel like this is totally your boyfriend."

"No, this is Jeremy. His dad is moms boyfriend." I look back at Jeremy. He was standing awkwardly and looking down at Jared with obvious concern. (A/N just to be clear, I'm writing this as Will Connolly as Jeremy, just cause, you know, that would be hella confusing)

"So? Stepbrothers could totally still date." Jared reaches over my shoulder and tries to poke Jeremy's nose, but just ends up jabbing him in the cheek. "Boop."

Jeremy leans away from Jared and gives me a confused and somewhat startled look. "No Jared, that's just weird," I say and push Jared away from me.

"Haven't you watched por-"

"Alrighty, then we're gonna leave now!" I cut him off before he could finish his sentence, pushing him away harder. I could hear Jeremy stifle a laugh. This was a mistake.

"Wait! I haven't gotten my Slurpee yet!"

"Then get your damn Slurpee."

"Aye, watch your fucking language, bitch." He glared at me as his tone quickly changes from being dramatic and whiny to stern as he starts walking towards where the Slurpee machines actually were. I shake my head and turn back to Jeremy. He was actually laughing now.

"Is that guy drunk?" He asked, eyeing Jared with amusement as he fumbled around with the Slurpee nozzle. I nod.

"Yeah, I'm so sorry."

"Hey, don't worry about it. As long as he doesn't manage to break something, it's all good." He gives me a smile and I give him one back. Me and Jeremy haven't really talked much besides when his dad invites me and mom over for dinner. Even still, we both managed to get along pretty well, considering we both told each other our stories of being total screw ups and having traumatic high school experiences. It was nice being able to talk to him more, besides the fact that we're talking about a certain dumbass still trying to figure out how nozzles work.

"Yeah," I laugh. "I should probably go help him with that," I say and walk away from Jeremy. He hums and goes back to doing whatever he was doing before. I get to Jared's side and snatch the cup away from him. He whines but I ignore him, filling up the cup with the blue Slurpee. He sets his head on my shoulder and grumbles about how he could have done it himself.

_______

We finally left the store after we paid Jermey and said goodbye. We both got in the car and pulled out to head home. We had only gotten down the street when I realized something was wrong- the only sounds were the song softly playing on the radio and the occasional slurping coming from the staw of Jared's drink. Usually, when Jared was drunk all he could do was be even more obnoxious than he already was.

At a red light, I turn to look at him to make sure he wasn't broken or something. What I saw was Jared sitting faced towards the window, frowning with his arms crossed. I poke him in the shoulder. "What's the matter?" All I got was a huff for a response as he tried to turn more away from me. "Are you mad at me?" I laugh.

"Yes," He answers grumpily, "It's not funny."

"Why are you mad at me?"