4. Miley Jab Hum Tum!

It was 4 in the evening when Aditya reached the holiday resort where the wedding was going to take place. He found Maan and Daadima sitting with a couple at one of the tables in the garden area. He walked upto Mrs. Savitri Khurana, his and Maan's Daadima and bent down to touch her feet to seek her blessings and then hugged her. The old lady was very happy on seeing Aditya. "It's been so long since you've come to meet your Daadima beta. Shouldn't you have come before after all it is your best friend's wedding. Well better late than never I'm glad you've come before the wedding functions officially start. You must be tired, go and check into you room first , freshen yourself up and then come down have tea and some snacks with your friend while we elders go and check other arrangements."

"Hey beautiful! Calm down. Now that I am here Everything will be fine and I'm not going to leave , atleast not before I watch him getting hitched and you promise me that you'll oblige and come out with me on our long impending date soon", Aditya replied putting forth his best smile.

"Ohh our date..I'll have to think about it", she told playing along and then introduced him to the couple sitting at the table.
"Beta they're Mr. an Mrs. Handa, Maan's to-be parents-in-law", Aditya greeted them and then dragged Maan along to check in to his room and freshen himself up.

Zoya watched Maan with an elderly lady talking with Mr. And Mrs. Handa. She presumed this must be Maan's grandma about whom she has heard a lot from both Maan and Geet but never got a chance to see or interact with her. She was debating whether to go and interrupt their talk to ask Maan's grandma if she could lend a helping hand in the arrangements as she herself was an event manager and she would love to manage her best friend's wedding, partly. When she finally made up her mind to do so, she saw a man,whose back was towards Zoya,walking upto her. When the old lady got up from her chair and the man bent to take her blessings, that is when she got to have a clear look at Mrs. Savitri Khurana.

She was an elderly lady in her late sixty's who carried herself with grace. Geet had told her about Mrs. Khurana that She was a writer who was now managing the publishing house, Khurana publications after the death of Maan's grand father and his parents. She definitely does look like a writer given the sophisticated way she dresses up and carries herself, Zoya thought. Before Zoya could've continued her 'gazing Daadima' game the man stood up after taking her blessings thereby completely blocking Zoya's view and within no time everyone at that table dispersed. Looks like I'll have to wait a little longer to go and interact with Mrs.Khurana, Zoya left the place in search of her.

"Buddy, you haven't even introduced me yet to your would-be wife, when are you going to do the honours?", Aditya told while wiping his face with the towel looking from the mirror at Maan who was busy smiling looking at his phone. It didn't take Aditya long to figure out what , or rather who was making his friend smile so much. "It's final then, I just texted her to come to the main lawn and then the four of us will have snacks together what say?", Maan told all excited. "Four?, my friend I have heard love does weird things to people and today I've seen it myself, were going to be three of us ,not four", Aditya told dramatically. "Hahaha, very funny Aditya. Well yes I am in love and I'm completely fine. I told four because her best friend is going to be there too", Maan stated as a matter of fact. "Now let's go they must be reaching there anytime and it isn't good to keep the girls waiting", saying so both Maan and Aditya walked towards the lawn.

"You just wait here I'll go and get her looks like she has gone to the other side", Maan left leaving Aditya in the main lawn amidst the chaos surrounding the people decorating the place for the big event tomorrow.

Zoya was happy because she finally got to lend a hand in managing her friend's wedding. She had asked Mrs. Handa and she obliged and also told Mrs. Khurana wouldn't mind. She first reached the main lawn where the engagement ceremony was to take place tomorrow to check on the decorations. The stage at the centre  of the lawn was like a canopy, which was being decked with flowers. Zoya was walking backwards with her eyes on the floral decorations to have an idea how it would look like and what changes could be made. As she was moving she felt her back hit something, rather hit someone and when she turned around to have a look at what or rather who it was, whom she bumped into, a basket full of garlands fell off the ladder where it was placed because of the kids knocking over the ladder while running around.