I'd prefer to remain anonymous...

Just a quick little side note is that this prompt is from mintyjazz's narumitsu prompts on wattpad. If you need prompts for writing go there it always gives me a flood of ideas! Enjoy the story.

Also has tiny bit of strong language and violence.
<3

Phoenix was sat at his office desk. There was no one there because maya had taken pearls to a burger place. He was going through paper work, looking at his most recent case and placing certain sheets in different piles. Suddenly the phone rang.

"Hello, Wright and co law firm." Phoenix said whilst awaiting a response. He quickly slide his pen across the page still writing in his childish handwriting.

"Is this the Wright in the Wright and co." A cheerful unfamiliar replied back.

"Yes! I'm Phoenix Wright." Phoenix cheerfully explained back. He placed his pen down on the desk to enjoy the joyful conversation he was having.

"How can I help."

"I'm a possible client and I want to talk about hiring you as my defence attorney. Could you meet me behind the courthouse, round... nineish." The guy on the other end delightfully said. Phoenix was slightly confused at the odd request.

"I don't mean to appear rude or anything but why can't you come to my office and we can talk here."

"I... I can't really get to your office the... roads are blocked."

"They are... I hadn't noticed I would have thought I'd hear it on the radio by now. Why so late in the evening though?" Phoenix curiously asked.

"..."

"Hello is anyone on the line." Phoenix said tapping on the phone. Then the line went dead.

"That's odd, I guess they hung up." Phoenix looked outside the window and at the clouds in the sky.

"Well I suppose I could meet them. I need the money and it's not going to be raining later. I should bring maya and pearls with me though." Phoenix said to himself whilst searching for Maya's contact in his old phone. The phone rang for a couple seconds before Maya's voice chimed I'm on the other side of the phone.

"Hi nick, what's up?"

"Can you and pearls come back to the office because we have to go meet a client at 9 and it's already 8."

"Why can't you go meet them?"

"You're my partner you're supposed to meet clients with me maya! Also it's kinda late and I don't want to meet them alone."

"Ugh me and pearly will be there in half an hour. See you then! Bye."

"Bye maya." Phoenix replied then he hung up and put some things in his bag. Half an hour slowly went past and maya and pearl got to the office.

"Alright lets go." Phoenix gestured to the door. They all began walking to the court house.

"So mr nick, what's this client called?" Pearl happily said whilst running to catch up to Phoenix.

"Uh... they're called, well actually I don't know their name. They never mentioned it, I think we should keep alert when meeting them it could be dangerous."

"Why are we meeting them nick?" Maya asked whilst eating the burger she had gotten.

"Well if this is a possible client we can get the money. We're not exactly in the best financial situation." Phoenix stated as he put his hands in the coats pockets, fiddling around with what ever was in there.

"Ok... this seems very sketchy." Maya replied as they entered the courtroom gates. A young man seemingly in early 30s came towards them.

"Hello are you the client I talked to on the phone earlier this morning?" Phoenix asked taking a step back as the man walked closer to the three of them.

"Yes." He replied coldly with his hands in his pockets.

"What's your case then?" Phoenix asked.

"... this is from mr Von karma!" The man shouted before grabbing a knife out of his pocket and lunging towards Phoenix.

"Shit! Girls run!" Phoenix shouted trying to get out of the way of the knife. Maya and pearl turned around and tried to run away only to be grabbed by too large men.

"Oh no girls you ain't running away, you're gonna watch your friend here die." One of the men said whilst tightening his grip on maya. Pearl began to cry and maya begged them to stop. The man was about to stab Phoenix when they were interrupted.

"What the hell do you think you're doing put the knife down or I'll shoot." Phoenix looked over to see who had saved them and to his surprise edgeworth was standing there.

"Miles!" Phoenix shouted. The man dropped the knife and slowly backed away from Phoenix.

"Come in boys let's get out of here!" The leader of the group said before backing away slightly faster.

"Not so fast pal, I think your gonna be going away for a long time." Detective gumshoe said whilst hand cuffing them. Maya and pearls hugged each other and started crying.

"Miles, what are you doing here?" Phoenix asked slowly walking over to him as he was still quite shaken from his near death experience.

"I forgot a piece of paper work at the court house from my trial today, I brought the detective with me because it can be quite dangerous at this time of night. What on earth were you doing here!" Edgeworth explained.

"We thought it was a client we found it odd that we were meeting here at this time..." Phoenix said seemingly ashamed of the fact that he was so stupid.

"The why did you meet them Wright! You can be such a idiot sometimes!" Edgeworth said before tightly hugging Phoenix. They slowly pulled out of the hug.

"I needed the money. Sorry for scaring  you." Phoenix glanced up at Miles who was shaking his head.

"If you need money that badly you could have come to me Wright. You know I have money to spare. Anyway we should leave here before more people attack us."

"Thanks miles."

"You're welcome... Phoenix."

Sorry I toke so long to get this one out I just kinda got... lazy so 😅. Anyway this prompt is from one of mintyjazz's books. They write such good books and prompt I use them all the time. You should go and read their books too! Anyway have a good dad or night wherever you are!
<3