Escape

Mentions of physical abuse if you're uncomfortable with that or it might trigger something please skip this short and any other parts to it. If you are in need of help from physical abuse please tell someone. Enjoy if you're reading. <3

"I can send you to an orphanage at any time Miles! Don't test my patients!" Von karma shouted. Miles stood there his hands by his side.

"These grades are unacceptable, a Von karma never fails!" He screamed. Edgeworth was on the verge of tears but he held them in. Franziska was watching quietly in the corner, she was silently sobbing.

"But papa miles got a B. He didn't fail his history test!" She came over to her father and talked to him directly.

"A B Franziska, you should know that a Von karma strives for perfection. How dare you defend him!" Mandated slapped the young girl across the face. She fell to the floor and miles rushed to help her up. Her cheek was red and she was crying loudly. However miles still didn't say anything, he picked up his younger sister and walked out the room. Manfred was screaming behind him. Miles ran down the hallway and into his bedroom, locking the door. He searched his notes looking for a small sheet of paper.

Von karma was banging on the door and Franziska was standing next to the boy crying.

"Open the door edgeworth! Franziska needs to learn her lesson!" He shouted from the other side of the door. Franziska cried even louder.

"Found it!" Miles whispered, he grabbed his sisters hand and opened the window. He quickly picked up two bags and his phone, they jumped out the window. They fell down and luckily a bush softened their fall.

"Franziska come on we need to run!" Miles frantically said picking her up and sprinting into the forest. The screams of Von karma echoed throughout the forest.

——————————

After walking for two hours they finally made it to the place they were looking for. Miles checked the piece of paper again.

"This is it, 178b barrowgate drive." Miles said whilst holding his sisters hand.

"Where are we?" She asked quietly sobbing slightly as she glanced up at him.

"This is Phoenix's house, I told you about him. Do you remember?" She nodded in reply. He cheek had swollen up and as she tried to smile she winced as it must have hurt. He took a deep breath and walked up to the door.

Slowly he pressed the door bell and a song came from the other side of the door.

A muffled voice came from the  other side, "who the hell is calling this late?" Then a 15 year old Phoenix opened the door.

"Miles?" He asked looking at both Miles and the young girl cowering behind him.

"Yes... me and my sister ran away from Von karmas home tonight." Phoenix glanced at Franziska and bent down to talk to her.

"Hello my name is Phoenix. It's nice to meet you. If I may ask what happened to your face?" Phoenix offered a hand out to shake her small one. She cautiously toke it.

"It's a pleasure to meet you two mr Phoenix Wright..." she mumbled her words whilst looking down. It was quite a contrast to Franziskas usual confidence.

"Me Von karma slapped her across the face after she tried to stand up for me." Miles answered Phoenix's wuestion as he assumed his sister wasn't going to.

"He insane treating his own daughter like that! You can stay here for the night if you'd like. My parents are away for 2 more months on a business trip.

They walked inside and Phoenix made up the bed in the spare room for Franziska. Before they put her to bed they took pictures of her cheek and face to show the police when the two were ready. Phoenix sat in the living room with Miles.

"Thank you Phoenix."

"It's no problem Miles."

"I'm glad I was able to find the note with your address on in time."

"In time?"

"Von karma was close to breaking down my bedroom door once I found the paper me and Franziska jumped out the windo-" Miles was cut off by Phoenix.

"You jumped out a window! Are you ok? Is Franziska ok?!"

"Well Wright if you would have let me finish I would have said we were however fine and didn't hurt ourselves." Phoenix sighed a sigh of relief and  picked up his drink.

"You really need to be more careful Miles. Especially now you have Franziska with you... anyway what to you wanna do... I mean about von karma, he'll be searching for you. Do you wanna go to the police?"

"...yes I want to go to the police. I want a better life for Franziska and me!" Miles said enthusiastically.

I find this story line really interesting so I might continue it on in a part 2????? If anyone wants that. I had a lot i fun and I know there's no narumitsu fluff or anything but I could do that in a part 2??????
<3