Support

This prompt is from awkward-silence. I developed it a bit so that the idea could flow but Thank youuuuu <3!!

The ticking of the clock was the only quiet sound in the room. The two men were sat on the red velvet sofa in edgeworths office.

"I like this template!" Phoenix chimed as he held up an invitation template. Edgeworth toke it from his hand and inspected it closely.

"How about this one? I think it shows professionalism." Miles asked holding up a red invitation template with a golden border. Phoenix looked at it and frowned slightly, he then toke the invitation out of his hands and gently placed it on the table.

"...no." Phoenix replied bluntly. Miles sighed at his fiancées antics.

"Why?" He asked

"Because it's our wedding not a courtroom invitation it doesn't have to be 'professional'. I like the one with the dogs on!" Phoenix argued. Edgeworth looked at his boyfriend holding the dog styled wedding invitation. He laughed at Phoenix's innocence.

"Fine Wright, I suppose we could use it. Now we should start making the guest list. Franziska, maya, pearl, Larry, detective gumshoe?" Miles asked whilst writing them down on a sheet in his neat handwriting. They wrote down a couple more people to add to the guest list. They had enough for the wedding reception before edgeworth remembered some people.

"Phoenix it seems I had forgotten about your parents. I'll write them down they can sit at the fro-" Miles was cut off.

"No! I mean... no. They're not going to come." Phoenix looked slightly panicked and flustered.

"Why wouldn't they come to their own sons wedding?" Miles asked, shocked at the fact the fact Phoenix's parents would not be attending.

"... they just won't come there's no point trying to invite them!" Phoenix said before getting up and running of crying to their shared bedroom.

"Phoenix wait!" Edgeworth shouted after his fiancée. He slowly and cautiously walked up to the locked bedroom door. He gently knocked on it, he waited until finally he heard the lock clicking on the other side and the door opened. Phoenix stood their crying before jumping into miles arms causing him to stumble back a  bit.

"Phoenix please, tell me. what's wrong?" Edgeworth asked looking down at the man in his arms. He was silent for a couple of seconds until finally he looked up to miles before sitting down on their bed. Miles sat down beside him.

"My parents disowned me when I was 17. They were very against homosexuality so when I told them I was bisexual... I didn't get the best reaction from them. My mother cried and my father slapped me across my face then I was forced out of my house by them. I had no where to go and I was supposed to go to university in 4 months. I stayed at larrys for the remainder of that time. His parents didn't mind and treated me like their own son for those 4 months. I've tried to contact them, I've tried so many times but every time they either don't pick up or write back or they shout at me over the phone. They never accepted me for my sexuality so I don't think they'd want to come to wedding where I'm marrying a man..." Phoenix finished telling his story and looked up at Miles.

"I'm so sorry Phoenix. I never told Von karma about my sexuality I only told Franziska. I had no idea you'd gone through that. It must be why you and Larry don't like talking about that one in your life." Miles said comforting Phoenix. Phoenix silently nodded.

"Well to hell with them, look how happy you are without them. We're getting married in  2 months you're a successful defence attorney you have a daughter and you're training 2 younger lawyers. You've done so well without them and you can continue to do well without them. I love you Phoenix." Miles explained. Phoenix smiles and kissed his fiancée on the cheek.

"I love you too." He replied

"Now come on Wright, let's go finish the invitations." Miles said standing up, Phoenix quickly followed.

The end!!!! I really like this one and thanks again to awkward-silence for the idea I hope you guys like it. I've been wanting to do a story like this for ages but I never had the 'wright' idea for it. (please don't hate me). Anyway have a good day or night wherever you are!!!
<3