Just dance!

"Hey Miles, Maya managed to set up the switch!" Phoenix called as he poked his head round the door into Miles' office.

"And?" Miles replied.

"Come play with us." Phoenix said as he opened the door fully before walking into his boyfriends office properly.

"Wright I'm clearly busy." Miles replied.

"You can take a break from work for five minutes. Come on! We're gonna play just dance and they have the steel samurai theme tune on there." Phoenix said as he dangled the switch controller in front of his boyfriends face.

Miles sighed as he set his pen down. He rubbed his temples and pushed his paper work aside. Phoenix's eyes lit up.

"Is it the extended version?" He asked quietly, clearly quite embarrassed.

"It's Maya, of course it's the extended version." Phoenix replied.

"Alright fine." Miles replied as he stood and pushed his chair away from his desk. Phoenix smiled brightly and grabbed his hand before pulling him down the hall.

"Is Mr Edgeworth coming to play?" Pearl called as she heard them coming down the hall. She squealed in delight as they rounded the corner and entered the living room.

"Nick, I think I broke something!" Maya said as she reached around the back of the tv.

"What. Maya I can't keep paying for the things you break." Phoenix said, however before he could go over to investigate what she'd broken the tv switched on and the main menu of Just Dance flickered onto the screen.

"Yay!" Pearl shouted as she jumped up and down on the sofa. Phoenix walked over and tightened the wrist band around her wrist so the controller didn't go flying from her hand whilst she was playing.

"How do you play this?" Miles asked as he picked up the controller and mimicked the wristband action. Pulling the string tighter around his wrist.

"You just follow the movements at the bottom of the screen and dance!" Maya told him as she held her arm up and pressed some of the buttons.

Four characters appeared on the screen as Maya selected the steel samurai theme. It began to play and the dressed up characters all did dance moves as each person confirmed their place.

"Ooo, I'm so excited!" Maya squealed. "This better be worth it! I paid ¥3000 for this!" Maya danced around before getting in position.

"¥3000! (For reference this is about £20 in English money) Maya why did you put that much? Where did you even get that money?" Phoenix asked absolutely flawed by how much his friend had spent.

"The company card." She answered as the characters walked on to screen. Pearl was already waving her hands around and if it hadn't have been for the wrist band her controller would have gone flying into the tv multiple times.

"Maya!" Phoenix shouted, however before he could protest the song started.

"I'm confused, how do you play this?" Miles asked as the first movement scrolled along the bottom.

"Like this." Phoenix said as he followed the movements on screen. Miles squinted skeptically as he watched his boyfriend perform the ridiculous dance moves.

Although the steel samurai theme song had him smiling slightly. He began to follow the movements and quickly gained the lead.

"H-How is Miles so far ahead!" Maya whined clearly out of breath from giving it her all in the beginning of the song. Phoenix looked back at Miles and frowned.

"Miles, your supposed to move your legs!" He snapped through short breaths.

"No your not." He replied as he continued to solely move his arms.

"Yes you are!" Phoenix hissed back.

"Well I'm winning aren't I wright?" Miles replied with a cocky tone. Phoenix rolled his eyes and turned his attention back to the screen and gasped when he saw he'd dropped to last. Even behind Pearl who wasn't following the instructions at all.

"Why is he so good at this!" Maya said obviously referencing Miles.

The golden move came into the screen and our characters began to glow as everyone built up to it.

Three

Two

One

Go!

"What!"

"No! That's not fair!"

"Awww come on."

The only one who managed to get a perfect for the golden move was Miles. Surprisingly that was the only move he'd done fully and enthusiastically. Although it was because it was the steel samurais signature pose.

"Miles, you cheated." Phoenix said as the scores came up.

4th - Phoenix :)
3rd - Pearl ^~^
2nd - Maya :3
1st - Miles

"I did not cheat." Miles replied as he slid the string off his wrist. Pearl struggled with the strap as she bounced on the balls of her feat.

"Let's play Mario kart next!" Pearl said happily as she skipped over to the game shelf. Miles smiled as he set his controller down and kissed Phoenix on the cheek. 

"Thank you Phoenix, this was fun but I've got to get back to work." Miles said. Phoenix gave him a sad smile and gave him a small wave as he walked backed to his office.

"Now do you wanna explain to me why you spent ¥3000 on a game!" Phoenix said turning back to Maya.

Later that night

Miles slowly say up in his bed and he looked in the space next to him. He frowned when he didn't see his boyfriend in the bed, sleeping next to him.

Suddenly he heard grunting downstairs and then a small crash followed by a string of curses. He moved the duvet off him and swung his legs off the bed.

He creeped downstairs, sneaking past the guest bedroom where Maya and Pearl were sound asleep. As he got further down the stairs he heard the song toxic by Britney Spears playing quietly.

He crept closer to the living room door and slowly opened it with a soft click.

"Wright it's 3 o'clock in the morning." He said as he stepped into the room and crossed his arms.

"Ah, Miles!" Phoenix said in surprise, in his shock he accidentally threw the controller straight into the tv. He turned around to look back at the tv and gasped. Miles shook his head before rolling his eyes.

"For heavens sake Wright."

———————————————

Hey, guess who's back from the dead! Here's another one short for you guys because I'm back in the fandom! My sisters getting the game for Christmas and I was freaking out about it so I decided to watch the anime again and I'm trying to get a hold of the actual game but I'm a bit broke cause I've gotta switch jobs.

Honestly going back into ace attorney has made me move studying law even more. I'm really enjoying studying law for a level and my teachers a great guy who is fresh out of uni and teaches really well.

I know a lot of people say that school work gets in the way but I really understand it now. I get it. Because I've got a shit tone of work each week as well as my own personal revision. However, my time management is quite good so I'll be trying to get a few more shorts out before I disappear off the map again!

Have a great night or day wherever you are!

Evie :)))))