CHAPITRE VINGT-DEUX

LUCAS' POV

LUCAS' POV

    "Hi, fleur. I missed you." I said, hugging her tightly. "Did I surprise you?"

    "Of course!" She exclaimed. "I thought you weren't flying back until Thanksgiving?"

     "Yeah, but I was done with all my work over there. Plus, I was missing a certain someone."

     Handing her the roses, we headed inside away from the chilly weather.

     "Also, who was that guy who just left? I saw him walking out as I was parking." I stated, raising an eyebrow.

     "Oh, that was was Lizzie's brother, who is also a friend of mine. I should've introduced you to eachother." She explained. "I ran into him at the store and he helped me with the groceries."

      "I'd like to meet him next time and thank him for helping you. Might also share a few words with him." I shrugged nonchalantly.

      "Come on now. Declan isn't like that." She dismissed the situation.

      I huffed and pulled her by the waist, plopping her down with me on the couch.

     She gasped suddenly. "Did you see the Eiffel Tower? I heard its really pretty at night."

     "I've seen it multiple times already." I smirked.

     "Well then, how did everything else go?" She asked.

     My smile dimmed, but I tried not to let it show. "Mostly good but you know how business can get. The meetings were long and boring, but we got lots of work done and a few new ideas."

     "Aw, you work too hard. If you do that, then you'll get old and tired quickly." She out her head on my shoulder.

     "I have to baby. I'm going to be the next chairman. When I do, I'll spoil you a million times more and I'll even take you to Paris to see the Eiffel Tower at night."

     "Okay, France I definitely wont pass up, but other stuff you already know how I feel about that. Sometimes I feel like you're too cool and out of my league. I dont know how you ever took an interest in me." She rambled.

     "Nonsense. I can guarantee you money and status doesn't always mean a good person. You're so much more perfect and kinder than I am." I said truthfully.

     "Everytime you say stuff like that I dont even know how to respond." She played with my hair.

      "Well, for starters you can give me a kiss." I grinned.

       "Of course, what else did I expect." She playfully rolled her eyes. Then, she placed her soft lips on mine for a quick moment.

        "More like this." I pulled her closer and locked our lips longer.