CHAPITRE DEUX

CALLIE'S POV

CALLIE'S POV

   I let out a relieved breath as I looked at the clock. I wasn't late to work all because I practically ran on the way here. I placed a hand on my fast beating heart as I calmed my breath. I was far from being a good runner even though I went on runs and jogs three times a week.

   "You okay, Callie?" My coworker, Alex, quietly asked. He was another kind person which I considered a friend.

   "Yeah, just ran thinking I was gonna be late." I explained with a chuckle.

   "O-Oh." He stuttered and went back to his station.

   I work as a vet along with Alex in a pet shop. The rest of the coworkers were groomers or worked as the cashiers. I never made friends with them because they were very rude, and made fun of Alex.

   Alex was a very shy boy who also happens to have a stuttering problem and anxiety. I was quite happy to be friends with him because behind his shy behavior, he was the sweetest thing ever. I'm also glad he could trust me as a friend. The coworkers liked to intimidate him, but I stood up for Alex everytime.  Sometimes Alex had anxiety attacks, which broke my heart as I helped him.

   "So, are there any appointments today?" I asked Alex with a smile.

   "J-Just two." He said.

   "That's good, which one do you wanna take?" I asked with a soft voice.

   "I-I can t-take Kit, t-the labrador." He said stuttering. I didn't mind it all, I knew he tried his best.

   "That's perfectly fine." I said with a smile on my face as he returned a small one back.

*****
   "You two can leave early that'll be all for today." My boss, Fred, said then left.

   "Do you wanna go for a bite?" I asked Alex. He just gave a quick nod and soon we left the shop.

   "Where would you like to go?" I asked. "I personally don't mind anything, food is food." I joked.

   "Sunny's." He said quietly.

   "Good choice!" I said with a bright smile. Sunny's was Mrs. Phillips cafe which also had bomb sandwiches.

*****
   "You can take a seat. Do you want the regular turkey sandwich?" I said to Alex as well entered. There werent as many people like this morning.

   "Y-Yes, please." He said with a small smile. I always remembered when we come here that the regular turkey sandwich was his favorite.

   "Hello, honey!" Mrs. Phillips greeted. "What can I get ya?"

    "A southern chicken salad and a normal turkey sandwich, please." I told her.

    "Oh, is Alex here with you?" She asked scanning the cafe.

    "Yeah." Mrs. Phillips gave a wave and a smile towards Alex, in which he kindly returned.

    "Oh, I also have a favor for you, Callie." She said writing down our orders.

     "Thats okay, what is it?" I asked. I had plenty of time so I didn't mind.

    "You know that man from this morning?" She questioned. "He left his wallet on the counter, could you return it?" She asked handing me the wallet.

    "Uh, sure." I said grabbing the wallet hesitantly. I don't know why, but I instantly thought of the stare that man gave me this morning.

    "Thank you! Im quite busy, sorry." She explained. "His job address is there, so maybe he might be there."

   "Okay, I'll do it after lunch."

*****
   "So, how's Lizzy?" I asked Alex taking a bite of my salad. Lizzy was Alex's girlfriend, who worked as a social worker. They were both the cutest thing ever.

   "S-She's good." He said blushing.

   "Y'all are the cutest couple ever." I gushed. "Y'all are both lucky to have each other."

   "T-Thanks." He said a smile growing on his face. Couple goals.

   "Oh, do you need help getting home?" I offered.

   "N-No, Lizzy will b-be picking m-me up. T-Thanks." He explained.

  "Anytime." I smiled.

*****
  "Thank you for bringing him to lunch. I can repay you if you'd like." Lizzy told me.

   "No, no. Its perfectly fine. I enjoyed the company." I told her.

   "Okay. But we should hang out soon!" She said.

   "I'd like that." I replied.

   "Cool, have a great rest of the day!" She said entering her car.

   "You, too! Bye Alex!" I said waving goodbye.

   As soon as they left, Mrs. Phillip's favor popped into my head. I pulled out the wallet and looked for the address she was talking about. I found a business card with the name of Jasper Bordeaux and an adress.
I searched it up on my phone and noticed that the address wasnt far.

   I started walking towards the direction, unaware of what the future had in store for me.

~•~
Thanks for reading!
Comment and vote please!
°

Also, as you can see we have a character who stutters and has anxiety. Please, if you see a something that is deemed offensive or ableist, call me out!
I want this story to be very inclusive of different, unique beautiful people!
I want readers who may have the same thing or know someone who does and not feel uncomfortable.
Thanks, loves!