••.•'¯'•.•• 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 1 ••.•'¯'•.••

•'¯'•

•'¯'•.Dark Path.•'¯'•

【𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐝-𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝟐𝟎𝟑𝟏

✴ ▬▬▬▬۩۞۩▬▬▬▬ ✴

𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐖 kneels on the rooftop of the building, silently observing his target at the grounds. The midnight air in Kyoto was terribly cold, the wind swifts itself across his body yet it didn't bother him with his dark clothing covered up most of his body except his eyes as he leans a bit forward and continues to watch like a hawk waiting for its prey.

It has been eight years... eight years since the night his mother disappeared after their home was attacked. The terrifying memory in his mind never leaves him as if it were an incurable disease that he will kept on feeling it for the rest of his life. That memory will be always considered to be his greatest nightmare as he remembers that fateful night.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ °• 𝙵𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 •°▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Young Andrew felt his mother's touch on his shoulder with a gentle shake as he rubs his eyes drowsily and glanced at her expression of worry.

The boy notices that the night is still dark and far from early in the morning. He was about to ask her the reason why he was woken in the middle of the night when he sees his mother raising her index finger to her lips, gesturing him to keep quiet and whispered out to her son.

"Come, sweetie. Omma has to bring you a place to hide."

Confused by her words, he asked. "Why?"

"There's no time to explain, alright?" She carries his petite body and quickly walks out of the bedroom with no sound until they made their way towards the living room. Putting her son down as she moved aside the carpet and begins to open a trap door.

Surprised by what he was seeing, Andrew asks with curiosity. "Omma, why is there a door on the floor?"

Helen ignores his questioning and immediately carries him downwards to what it appears to be a safe room. Andrew was being placed on a futon as the mother gently lightens an old-fashioned oil lantern. He glanced around and took in his surroundings. The room was small, consisting only a futon he was laying, a cabinet of snacks and drinks and beside him is a small black device, a bright red light on it, flashing when she pressed a button on the side. His mother took the device and places it on her son's hand, pressing it as she murmured out softly.

"Andy, hold onto this and listen to me very carefully. Okay?"

The boy to look at her with a bit anxiousness in his features, sensing something ominous in their situation they were having as he continues to listen to her.