/~39~/- Differences

Percy POV

The whole city of Manhattan knew of the shoot out at Olympic Books

The world state of New York knew that Malcom Pace had really been Annabeths half-brother

The whole nation of the United States knew that Luke Castellan was a mental patient escaped. 

The whole world of Earth knew that I loved Annabeth Chase. 

It was the morning after the shooting, Malcom was in the hospital being treated, Annabeth hadn't left his side since she found out he was her brother. Athena herself hadn't shown her ugly face. 

I was preparing to leave for the hospital when Piper caught me in the hall. She was wearing an oversized yellow hoodie of Jasons and smelled like his cologne. Fresh Thunder. 

"Perce, is Annie okay?" Piper whispered and looked frightened. I nodded. 

"Her co-worker Malcom is actually her brother." I replied dryly and Pipers hand flew to her mouth. 

"no way." She whispered. I knew Piper knew that Malcom was a close friend at her bookstore, but nought the fact he was HER brother. 

"Yeah, doctors confirmed. Annabeth isn't Athena's ONLY child. She lied to the Counsel." I said confirming the fears of many. 

Athena was a baby momma to two children, two fathers and Malcom is older. She said Annabeth was her heir. But Malcom in reality is. 

"Well you go and see her. Hazel isn't feeling well." Piper cast a worried glance behind her and I faintly heard a wheezing sick coughing person on a couch most likely. And knowing Hazel she was probably watching old crappy shows and not reasponding to Nico's one thousand text messages asking if she's okay. 

I nodded and hugged Piper before leaving. She was so nice and amazing. No wonder Jason had liked and finally gotten the guts to kiss her at the Gala. 

I hopped into a taxi headed north to the hospital. 

"You hear about that shooting at Olympic Books?" The old cab driver said with a feeble croak. I frowned and nodded. 

"That bitch Athena, gots to watch her security or the whole of Olympus'll shut down. And them Big 3 guys will die out." The driver said without straying his eyes from the road. Frowning even more so I got out of the cab at the hospital, giving the cab driver a generous tip.

Heading straight for Malcoms room I saw a bunch of nurses looking my way. Some winked at me, some frowned and others didn't give me a second look. Just another visitor. 

I came to the eighth floor, room 934, where a perky young nurse had just closed the door. 

"Sorry sir you cant go in. Family only." She replied looking symapthetic. 

"Please, I know the man in there well." I pleaded and the nurse shook her head. 

"I am so sorry. But his new half sister is in there and she told me to open the door for her boyfriend but I haven't seen Percy Jackson yet." The nurse said my name with some what of a giggle. 

I considered the facts and decided the most oblivious worst one. 

I ripped off the wig and carefully took out the lenses. The nurses expression was priceless and she started to make a noise out of her mouth but I shot her an angry glare. 

"Shut up! Please." I begged and she closed her mouth nodding. She opened the door to the room and I walked in, winking at her in my thanks. 

Annabeth was sleeping on a chair, her hand clasped in Malcom's loosely. He was awake struggling to sit up.