Chapter Seven

Chapter 7

Michael’s Point of View

I woke up unbelievably hot this morning, and felt a huge weight on my chest. I couldn’t complain because my beautiful Jenny was snuggled up on me. I knew what needed to be done this morning; I kissed Jenny on the forehead, and took a shower to wash off yesterday. I put on my Armani suit, and made my way back to the meeting place in the slums. “Hey Paulie, where is he? And he better not be dead already.”

“No boss, just roughed up a bit. He’s in the basement.” I nodded, and walked down the hall to the basement. I took a deep breath, composed myself and opened the door. The man looked horrible the boys really did a number. I tried to be the nice guy. “What’s your name?” He looked up at me, and didn’t say a word. “I’m probably the nicest guy in this room, if you tell me what I need to know I’ll make it painless for you.” I wasn’t the one to beat around the bush; I have every intention of killing this monster after he tells me everything. “Still nothing? Looks like we will have to do this the hard way. Paulie?” I picked up a pair of pliers and tossed them to Paulie. After Paulie pulled out every single one of his finger nails, I couldn’t take the screaming anymore. “Alrighty, your incessant wailing is tiring me, are you going to tell me what I need to know?”

“J-John.” He said spitting up blood.

“John as in, my John?” He nodded. “Why?”

“He wants everything you h-have, the business, Jenny, the money. The bullet was meant for you b-but I missed.”

“See now was that so hard?” I patted him on the shoulder and nodded to Paulie. “Make it quick.”

Contrary to popular belief I don’t like to kill people, but it had to be done. I got in my car and drove back to the hotel. One the way back I saw a McDonalds, I really hate it but Jenny always craves those nasty ass hashbrowns. I walked in the hotel to see Jenny watching Maury, how in the world is that stupid show even broadcasted here? “It’s early what are you doing up. I wanted to be back before you woke up. I got you hashbrowns. I know you like them after a long night.” I said smirking at her.

“You know me so well. Where were you?”

“Handling business.” I said she already knew what that meant. “So what are we doing for the rest of the week?” I said changing the subject.

“Don’t we have meetings and events?”

“I cancelled all of them. I want to work on us this week. Bella I’m sorry for everything. I think I’m ready to talk about the accident.”

Flashback

“Michael, it hurts so bad!”

“I know baby, it’ll be over soon.” I wish I could take the pain from her but I was so happy she was giving me another son. I couldn’t wait to make more. The world needed more Mancini’s. She was grabbing my hand so hard; I felt like I was going to lose a finger. I didn’t know she had that much strength. We raced into the hospital, and the baby was on its way it was already time to push. “Come on Jenny you can do it.” I’m sure you could hear her on the other side of the world. I finally heard my son crying, and I already knew what to call him. After the doctor whipped him off, I cut the cord, the nurses wrapped him up in a little blanket, gave him a hat, and handed him to us. “Bella, how about Leonardo?”

“I love it Michael” She said with tears in her eyes.

Two Days Later

We were discharged from the hospital, and my mom was holding Leo for the first time. My mother was an example of what a women should be, and treated my father like a king up until the day he died. She had raised Maria and me to be the best we could be. Shots began to ring out, and my mother saw him before I did, she turned around to shield Leo from the gunshots and took all three bullets in her back. I shot the man before I could get any information from him. I raced back to my mother. She kissed Leo and handed her back to Jenny. “Michael, I love you, Maria, Jenny, and the babies so much” and closed her eyes. Jenny and the baby started screaming, and I couldn’t handle it. I called Maria to pick up Jenny and the kids and I drove off. I could barely pull myself out of bed for the funeral. I couldn’t cry; I couldn’t do anything I felt lost, and blamed everyone for her death, especially Jenny and the baby.

Present

“I’m so sorry Jenny, I didn’t mean to shut you and the baby out. I just didn’t know what to do. And felt like I had to take it out on someone.” 

“I forgive you baby. I’m happy you want to fix things.” I wanted to do more than fix things I wanted to make things the way they were before. I love Jenny, and I’m going to make things work. 

--------------------
(October 20, 2014)