Growing up up and away

Jenny's Point of View

Mikey was finally going off to school and I was beside myself. My little boy was finally leaving me. I remember how much of a struggle Michael and I had in our marriage while I was pregnant. He was our little man, and he was growing up and leaving us.

"Mikey don't you wanna stay home and live with us forever?"

"Mom that's wack as hell. Plus we're already at the airport."

"Stop cursing in front of you mother boy." Michael said while slapping him in the back of the head. Leo and the triplets had school that day so it was just the three of us. We managed to laugh and tell funny stories before it was time for him to go through the security check.

"Alright mom. It's about time for me to go."

He gave Michael a handshake, and opened his arms to embrace me.

"No matter what you say you'll always be my little boy. I'm so proud of you." I whispered in his ear. He backed away, wiped the tear from my eye and made his way to the check.

"It'll be ok Jenny. Just think we have to do this four more times."

"That's not funny asshole." We made our way to the car and I couldn't stop crying. I immediately grabbed my phone to text Mikey.

"Jenny he doesn't have service on the plane. He'll text you when he lands. And stop crying, this is what being a grown up is. God I'm so happy we had kids back to back. We get to have the house to ourselves faster."

Michael's Point of View

Jenny punched me in the arm. It was true our firstborn was growing up and I was so proud of him. The faster he grew up the faster I'd let him take over. I was getting older and needed to retire. Plus Jenny was still fit which meant we could be together all the time without any interruptions. I'd still miss my little man. I laid on the couch and took a nap.

"Dad! Wake up. I need help with my business management homework." All of my children would be majoring in business, I made it mandatory. Unfortunately Leo just never had a knack for it. He wanted to be an engineer. As much as I wanted him to do what I wanted I knew he'd resent me. We spent all night working on his assignment.

"Thanks for helping Leo with his homework, y'all looked adorable." Jenny and I stayed up watching Game of Thrones, and eating popcorn. I couldn't help but notice little Mikey and I in the pictures on the mantle. As much as I hate to admit it. I'd miss my little man.

-----------------------------------------

Make sure to follow the story's tumblr. Jennyandmike.tumblr.com yayyyyy

(December 18, 2015)