29. S N A K E

A/N: Assalamualaikum Stormers! Here is another update! I hope you enjoy it ❤️ I know some of you wanted more of Amaan and Idegir but that part of the story is not quite ready in my head so I didn't try to tamper with it here. I hope you enjoy this chapter nonetheless! We've got some exciting stuff brewing!

* remember that Houssam is the seventh brother, who has been absent for most part of this book

~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wish to live this fantasy for just a little while more.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~

T A I M U R
رَجَب
T H E  A R M Y

Devastating.

That was the word that came to Taimur's mind when he laid eyes on Hadeel. Her beauty was devastating. Her empty eyes were devastating. Her lack of resistance to him was devastating.

It was a poetic word really, he thought as he brushed his fingers through her brown hair, marvelling at its softness. A sigh escaped him. He could not find it in himself to regret his actions. He was a Crown Prince and she was a rare beauty. They were just meant to be.

"Sire, Khan presents himself to you" his Guard announced from outside the tent.

"Have him wait outside"

Taimur sighed once again as he propped himself up. He tilted Hadeel's chin up with one pale, slender finger, and gazed into her beautiful doe like brown eyes. She stared back without emotion, unblinking.

"You hear that, angel?" He motioned to tent entrance, "Khan. He is here to deliver good news about that wretch - Falaq Aulaad è Khalifa"

That name emitted passed his lips as a hiss. How he hated that woman. Her boldness drove him mad. Her unflinching attitude made him want to teach her where a woman belonged himself, held back only by meaningless customary standards. Of what he was expecting to find when they'd arrived in Taghrid, it was certainly not a woman who knew her worth.

Hadeel caught his attention. She was no longer gazing at him but far into the past. Those eyes were no longer empty, but filled with tears. He clasped his hands around her face gently, unable to help himself.

"What is it ya Hadeel? What makes you weep?"

He felt like a little boy entranced and desperate. But she was worth it.

"F-Falaq" Hadeel whispered, lip quivering.

Taimur released her, a hundred thoughts crossing his mind. Could it be that this woman knew the Falaq he spoke of? If that was so, had he just committed a big mistake?

Throwing on his robes, Taimur strode out into the night air. It had been several days since he dispatched Khan, and he had been eagerly awaiting his return.

Khan thumped his fist over his heart and lowered himself into a bow. He was still wearing his traveller's cloak, the hood pushed back from his head. The sight pleased Taimur - it meant that the assassin had come straight to him. He knew he could trust the man.

"Your highness" the assassin greeted him, clasping Taimur's hands and kissing them.

"Your report, Khan"

"You were correct in your assertions my Prince" Khan spoke, "the Princess lives"

Taimur's hands curled into a fist. His insides felt like they would burst in fury.

"That means..." he took in a deep breath, inhaling the cool night air, "That means Hudayfa has disobeyed my orders"

Khan said nothing. It was was wise of him.