26. C A U G H T

A/N: BET YOU DIDN'T THINK I'D UPDATE SO SOON HUH! Here is a bonus chapter for you all for your lovely comments and messages. Not quite as exciting as the previous one, but I hope you enjoy it and can rest in peace until the next update haha. This chapter is also dedicated to LaVataElise 💓. PLEASE SHARE THIS BOOK!!! And remember to VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just like the Sun and the Moon in orbit
My soul circles yours
Ever in sync
Ever in perfect harmony

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

H U D A Y F A
جُمَادَىٰ ٱلْأُولَىٰ
R U S S I C A D A

Hudayfa watched frozen as the woman, as slim and lithe as a cat rendered a trained guard incapable

Hudayfa watched frozen as the woman, as slim and lithe as a cat rendered a trained guard incapable. She moved as though made of water, fluid yet powerful. Her golden eyes were fixated on Ezena's every move like a lioness executing the perfect hunt. When he finally fell, Hudayfa knew he would not rise again.

The assassin stood. Gracefully leaping out of the damned squared space and into the crowd below, he drew closer to her. The ancient strings of two souls tied to each other tugged stronger, more forcefully than ever before. A thousand emotions coursed through him as he pushed through the multitude of men, gaze locked onto the figure who now approached her new friends.

Her eyes crinkled on the sides, and Hudayfa knew her to be smiling behind that veil. He watched as she was pulled back into the arena, his sword thrust back in her hands. Seeing the weapon in her possession made him feel a strange, a good strange. It trembled however, as her hands quaked.

She couldn't do it. He knew she couldn't do it.

Without a second thought he committed the deed for her. His aim was perfect - the dagger flew from his fingers and buried itself in the defeated man's back right into his heart.

Falaq screamed in panic as the guard slumped face forward into the wet sand, blood soaking his tunic. She looked around wildly, until she registered him. Fear bubbled to the surface - she looked as though she had seen her worst nightmare.

Anger coursed through him. Far too strong, far too deep, far too raw. How dare she act afraid now, when she had brought a grown man to his knees! How dare she pretend she was a damsel in distress, when her hand still gripped his sword? How dare she desert him, and take the company of two foreign men?

She had wounded his pride beyond measure.

He stormed toward her, pain filling his chest. Why did it hurt so much to face the moment he had spent so long envisioning?