15. T R A P P E D

A/N: Salam Alaikum all! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE LOVE AND SUPPORT ON THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER! It honestly made my week! In light of that, I dedicate this chapter to @1moonglow1, who actually made a impromptu book depicting her ideas for the characters! I was so honoured by her gesture. Hope you enjoy this :)

~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My heart races every time he draws near. In hatred, in passion, I do not know. He is impossibly painful to look at. His perfection is blinding, and yet his black soul renders the art ineffective. Or so, I thought.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

T H E   P R O C E S S I O N , صفر
T H E    F O R T

T H E   P R O C E S S I O N , صفرT H E    F O R T

A new dawn greeted the Fort. The exterior looked the same and yet everything within had changed. The birds that had built their nests on the structure knew it. The dazzling azure sky knew it. The flags of the previous occupiers were strewn on the grounds like a carpet bestowed to welcome the new occupiers to step on when they marched.

The Hashshashin Army was ready to march. Their ranks stretched across the flattened grounds before the Fort, armour gleaming in the sunlight and that gleam rippling through the uniform blocks of men. At the head the princess sat atop their steeds, waiting for Taimur to make a call.

One prince, however, was missing.

"Where is Hud?" Taimur snapped at no one and everyone in particular, his huge stallion wheeled around to face the rest.

"We do not know" Ozer responded in a bored tone. He seemed to have spoken for all of them, since no one else bothered to respond.

Taimur's nostrils flared in anger. The night of heavy drinking did not impress his mood.

"Nuh!" He roared, "Nuh!"

The birds who had settled atop the Fort took wing with alarmed caws.

Nuh's chestnut stallion cantered into view, hosting an expressionless Right Hand.

"Yes, my liege"

"Where is your Master?"

"I am afraid I do not know" Nuh responded, gaze downcast in a manner that shielded his eyes, hiding the spark of amusement in them.

"What are you doing still standing here then?" Taimur snapped, "find him, immediately"

Nuh bowed his head briefly before swiftly riding away.

Before the dust settled in his wake another Right Hand emerged.

"My liege" Zuhair thumped the spot over his heart twice in greeting, "I have received word from our scouts. If we are to counter the desert storm, we must leave within the hour"