***

            Her heart is broken in two and can only be mended by his love. She can no longer stay here in Sahara, not when the man she loves is so far away.

            Bellezza sits on her bed and watches the clouds from her window. She looks beside her at the bag filled to the brim with everything that she needs for this trip. She brought one of her favorite books to show to Aber when she docked in Liam. She can’t wait to see the surprise on his face and the relief in his voice and the love in his embrace. The princess smiles at the thought of them on his bed. He’ll lie across her lap and read to her while she plays in his hair. They’ll end up tossing the book aside and relishing in each other’s company with hot kisses and fevered touches.

            Bellezza’s heart begins to race at the thought of what could happen after- after the hugs, the kisses, the reading, the playing. Her mind goes back to that night in Fydelity when she told him she loved him and when he told her his feelings as well. She remembers the next morning when she told him she wasn’t ready for sex. Now thinking about how much she misses him and how badly she wants to be in his arms, maybe she’s ready. She loves him and he loves her. What more do they need?

            Grinning, Bellezza picks up her bag and heads for her window. She sees her plan form in her head. She’ll toss the bag into the bushes below and slowly climb down the vines that lace around the side of her window. At the bottom, she’ll retrieve her bags, grab her mare from the stables and ride to the docks. From there, there’s nothing else keeping her from getting to Liam.

            Still smiling, Bellezza lifts the bag with ease and prepares to toss it into the bushes. But a voice stops her.

            “Your Highness,” her butler calls from the speaker through her phone. “There is someone asking to speak with you. Should I let him through?”

            “Send him to voicemail,” she replies with an aggravated sigh. She hears the click as the butler switches the line to let the person go to voicemail. Again, she lifts the bag to toss it down.

            “Belle,” his voice rattles her ears and she drops the bag. That cannot be him, can it?

“Belle, its’ me,” he says. Bellezza closes her eyes, relishing in the music of his voice. Say it again- say my name again. A tear rolls down her cheek. I’ve missed your voice- say my name again.

Bellezza reaches for the phone. She wants to talk to him, to tell him how much she loves him and how they’ll be together soon.

“Belle, I’ve done something terrible.” The princess pauses at this. It’s nothing that we can’t fix.  

“My beautiful Bellezza,” he starts. “I was with someone else.” Her heart falls into her stomach. Someone else- what does he mean? “I slept with someone last night. I cheated on you but it was unintentional.” The tears fall at a rapid pace down her face. He’s lying. He’s trying to fool me…

            “I didn’t know what I was doing,” he continues. “I was so distraught over losing you that I practically drowned myself in alcohol. I felt angry at your father and your mother and everyone else that has tried to take you away from me.” He pauses and sighs. Bellezza can hear the tears in his voice. “I’m so sorry. If I could take it all back I would! I would do it in a heartbeat! I understand if you hate me but I still love you, I’ll always love you. Please, call me back. I miss your voice so much it hurts. My beautiful Bellezza, I love you with every fiber of my being and I hope that after hearing this, you still love me too.”

            The princess darts for the phone with hot and angry tears leaking from her eyes. “Who,” she screams through the phone. “Who do you sleep with?” The line is dead. He had already hung up. Bellezza launches the phone across the room and slams her balcony doors shut. The windows rattle from the force and she tosses the things from her bag. Clothes, shoes, purses, everything is thrown in disarray around her room. Slowly, Bellezza picks up the book, Dracula- their favorite. In a fit of rage, the princess rips the pages from the book. The jagged pages drift to the floor and she steps on them, ripping them further.

            She stalks to her small book shelf and searches for her song. She rips the composition from its place on the shelf and flips through the pages. It’s the song she wrote for him after he left. With a frustrated scream, Bellezza tears the comp to shreds. She leaves no note unscathed.

Exhausted, the princess collapses into the piles of paper scraps and puts her hands over her face as she sobs. Before she heard his message, her heart was in two. Now her heart is shattered into a million pieces that she doesn’t think his love will ever fix.

It's me! I'm so very sorry that this is super late but I hope I made up for in content...no? well I gave it my best effort. Please don't forget to comment, vote, add to your reading list and anything else you wish to do. I'll try to have the next one up by next weekend...but i can't make any promises. Thank you for sticking with me <3