"Really?" Monica asked. "My mum told me that Dr Carlisle got in some kind of trouble for letting his adopted kids date or something. So they like had to move to a country with rules that weren't as strict."

"Well if anyone should know better, it's Sophie." Cheri spoke.

"Soph." Monica called.

I quickly broke the eye contact and looked at the two girls in purple cheerleading uniforms.

"Ooh... is someone missing the ex?" Cheri teased.

Monica immediately nudged her with her elbow. "Shut up." She hissed.

Monica looked at me sympathetically. "Sophie-"

"It's fine." I spoke quickly. "I am so over him."

At the moment I saw Emmett look our way and I knew that he had heard me.
I suddenly felt a pang of guilt.

"Um... guys, I need to um... get to the gym to meet with the decorating committee. I'll see you guys later." I spoke quickly, not even waiting for their response as I turned around.

I fought the urge to steal a backwards glance afraid that he might still be staring at me. Why did he have to come back?

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I took it out and checked the number. It was an unknown number, I swiped the green button.

"Hello?"

"Is it too soon to say how much I miss you?" The familiar voice spoke.

I giggled as I turned down an empty hallway.

"Well its been approximately thirty three hours so I think it's appropriate."

I could practically feel him smirking on the other end.

"Thirty three hours of agony, might I add. Why do you have to put me through another six days of this. We all miss you, come back already." I frowned as I took the necklace from where it was buried under my sweater and fingered it. I had told Alec that I'd never take it off but I wasn't putting it on display either. I didn't need questions from anyone. Especially Helen and my dad.

"I can't just... do it." I spoke.

"Why not? Think of all the perks you'll have here, you'll get to be with Jessica and the rest of us, you'll be forever young and beautiful, you'll never run out of cash and most importantly... we'll be together."

I smiled at the thought of that.

"Alec..."

"Please don't say no." He blurted out. "I wasn't kidding when I said bad things would follow that decision."

I couldn't help but think that he was actually being serious in spite of his light hearted attitude.

"How often will I have to feed? You know... If I get turned." I asked.

There was a brief moment of silence before he replied. "Well there is an unlimited number of night clubs that the volturi own hence different victims for whenever you feel like it."

I cringed at the use of the word 'victims'.

"That's not what I meant."

"What did you mean?" He asked.

I sighed. "I just... I just don't want to turn into some kind of monster."

I thought back to James and those blood red eyes when he tried to take my life away. I definitely would not want to feed on humans. Couldn't I just do the animal diet like the Cullens?