Battle Of Castle Caspian

"It's only a matter of time," Peter spoke to the group of Narnians that had gathered around him in Aslan's How. "Miraz's men and war machines are on their way. That means those same men aren't protecting his castle."

"What do you propose we do, Sire?" Reepicheep, who was thoroughly devoted to the Pevensies, directed his question towards the King. Caspian, who was standing slightly behind Peter - from the mouse's point of view - was used to being called sire and presumed the question had been for him.

"We-"

"Our-"

Peter and Caspian spoke at the same time, so Peter turned to face Caspian. He gave a small nod of apology, and Peter continued. 

"Our only hope is to strike them before they strike us."

Caspian was quick to rebut. "But that's crazy, no one has ever taken that castle."

"There's always a first time."

Sensing the tension in the room, Trumpkin added, "We'll have the element of surprise."

Caspian didn't want to risk the lives of the remaining Narnians, there were too few left. "But we have the advantage here."

"If we dig in, we could probably hold them off indefinitely," Susan agreed with Caspian. It was a safer option.

"I, for one, feel safer underground," added Trufflehunter.

After listening to the advice of everyone around him, Peter turned back to Caspian. "Look, I appreciate what you've done, but this isn't a fortress, it's a tomb."

"Yes," Edmund agreed, "and if the Telmarines are smart, they'll just starve us out."

"Caspian," Y/n started. "As much as I don't want to lose lives, I don't think we can stay here. Miraz is too smart to attack us without knowing how many of us there are and he knows war tactics. If he can surround us, we're doomed."

The room was silent as they all contemplated the situation before them.

"We could collect nuts!" Pattertwig, the squirrel, shouted excitedly.

"Oh yes, and throw them at the Telmarines!" Reepicheep said sarcastically. "Shut up!" He scowled and turned to Peter. "I think you know where I stand on this, Sire."

Peter nodded before turning to Glenstorm and the centaurs beside him. "If I can get your troops in, can you handle the guards?"

"Or die trying, my liege," he replied.

"That's what I'm worried about."

Everyone turned to look at the young Queen who had remained silent the entire night.

"Sorry?" Peter asked, confused as to what Lucy was implying. She was a smart girl, and although he knew she was technically a kid still, he valued her input. 

"Well, you're all acting like there are only two options: Dying here," she paused, "or dying there."

Of course, there were only two options. This was a war. The battle had to happen at either Castle Caspian or Aslan's How. Peter had been in many battles, he had experience which Lucy lacked. There was nowhere to run or hide. There was no other castle to relocate to. There were no other options than fight there or here. "I'm not sure you've really been listening, Lu."

"No, you're not listening," Lucy snapped. "Or have you forgotten who really defeated the White Witch, Peter?"

"I think we've waited for Aslan long enough."