Chapter Ten

After Draco kicked the Diadem into the ROR, we rushed down towards where Harry saw Voldermort. Hitting spells at death eaters as we ran down the stairs towards the entrance hall. Just as we go to leave the entrance hall Harry pulls me back from a spell, which would have hit my head is he hadn't. I silently thanks him and he stuns the death eater. Getting through the courtyard was a challenge, we were attacked by a giant, spiders and death eaters as we went around a corner I see Greyback feeding on Lavender. Even though I might not have liked her, I send Greyback flying and stunned.

We get to the bridge when what must have been over one hundred near two hundred dementors came floating towards us. Someone casts a powerful, very powerful Patronus charm repelling all the dementors, we turn around to see an Aberforth Dumbledore standing there. I knew he hadn't given up. Reaching the boat shed, we hear Snape and Voldemort talking.

"You have performed extraordinary magic with this wand, My Lord, in the last few hours alone," Snape said but got cut off by Voldemort, "No! I am extraordinary. But the wand resists me."
"There is no wand more powerful. Ollivander himself had said it. Tonight when the boy comes. It will not fail you, I am sure... It answers to you, and you only. "
"Does it?"
"My Lord?"
"The wand does it truly answer to me? You're a clever man, Severus. Surely you must know where it's true loyalty lie?"
"With you... Of course, My Lord."
"The Elder Wand cannot serve me properly, because I am not its true master. The Elder Wand belongs to the wizard who killed its last owner. You killed Dumbledore, Severus. While you live, the Elder Wand cannot truly be mine. You've been a good and faithful servant, Severus. But only I can live forever."
"My Lord."
"Nagini, kill!"
With the order, the snake attacked Snape and killed him. I hid my face into Draco because even though Snape was a bad person, I had a feeling there was more than what meets the surface and he didn't deserve to bleed to death.
We walked in and Harry tried to stop Snape's neck from bleeding but I knew that he was going to die.
"Take it... Take it, please!" Snape ordered Harry to take his tears. "Give me something! Quickly, a flask. Anything!"
"Take them to the Pensieve. Look at me... You really have your mother's eyes."

After that, life slipped from Snape's eyes and I cried into Draco's chest. Walking outside Voldemort's voice filled my head,  "You've fought valiantly but in vain... I do not wish this. Every drop of magical blood split is a terrible waste. I, therefore, command my forces to retreat... In their absence, dispose of your dead with dignity, Harry Potter, I now speak directly to you. On this night, you have allowed your friends to die for you, rather than face me yourself. There is no greater dishonour. Join me in the Forbidden Forest... ...and confront your fate. If you do not do this, I shall kill every last man, woman and child who tries to conceal you from me."

With that Harry, Draco and I walked into Hogwarts. I spot the Weasleys crying around Fred's body as well as Tonks' and Lupin's. I start to tear up and see Harry spot Tonks' and Lupin's body. I walk over toward the Weasley to comfort Ginny and Ron, not noticing Harry or Draco leave the Great Hall.

Draco POV
I see Hermione walk over to the grieving Ginny and leave her to comfort her best friend as I follow Harry out of the Great Hall.

We walked up to Dumbledore's office, he notices me behind him, "What do you want Mal... Draco," he asked hurting from the losses. "To make sure you are ok, to make sure you don't do anything stupid and to help you because I want Voldemort dead as much as you do," I replied as he poured Snape's tears into the Pensieve. "Will you join me?" He asked clearly nervous and hurting I responded, "Of course, if you want me to." He just nodded his head.

We both placed our heads into the Pensieve and the memories formed the scenes in front of us.

It makes so much sense now. Everything is so much clearer, Harry is a Horcrux, a Horcrux Voldemort never meant to create. Harry's face shows he might have had a thought or two about this topic. I also knew Ginny, Ron and Mione are going to be devastated.