Chapter Six

(Picture of Red Queen)

"Dear, dear. There seems to have been some misunderstanding." a whimsical, musical voice chimed from the tree line. "Not very civilized, Rabbit, not very civilized at all." The voice 'tutted'.
"You know I no longer go by that name, uh, Your Highness." Emmett said through gritted teeth. A laugh fluttered from the tree line, and a woman stepped forward. She was in a full ball gown, with a heart-shaped, red lace extension that seemed to look like wings attached to her back. she had waist-length blonde hair with bright red strips right by her face. She wore a jagged crown on her head, and held herself in a regal position. She seemed to know exactly who we were and where we were standing, but not once did she open her eyes.
"You know,as well as anyone Rabbit, that I call people by the name of their truest form." She spoke in that same musical tone as she approached him. She stopped within an inch of her dress touching Emmett, and moved her head up and down, as if inspecting him, but never once opened her eyes. She moved over to Cheshire. She looked at him, and looked at him, or appeared to do so, for several moments, before violently lashing out and striking him on the cheek. He fell back and curled up on the ground, shaking in fear.
"YOU COWARD! YOU TRULEY THINK YOU COULD HAVE LIED AND LEAD THEM INTO THE MOST TREACHEROUS PART OF THE WOODS THEN LEAVE THEM TO DIE!" She screamed at his trembling form crouched on the ground. "YOU THINK I DO NOT KNOW WHAT GOES ON IN THIS KINGDOM?! THAT YOU ARE TRAITOROUS TO NOT ONLY ME BUT TO THAT BLUE QUIVERING SNAKE?! LEAVE MY PRESENCE BEFORE YOU END UP DEAD!" She yelled all this as if she were speaking. Her movement did not change, her composure did not change, her face did not change.
"Now, then." she said as she brought her hands together in front of her. "Let's take this down to a much more civilized level." She sang out in that same sickly sweet voice she had used before. "You all are going to come with me, and be my refugees. The Hatter won't dare cross me. And if he does, it's off with his head." She giggled her way through the last sentence, then twirled around and started to head back into the woods.
"Come along. You don't want to be out here all night, do you?"