Chapter Three

(Picture of March)
"Oh, dear, I was afraid this would happen." Emmett murmured under his breathe. Not one of the guests moved.
"Afraid of what?" Alice asked Emmett, grasping his hand tightly. Emmett did not have a chance to reply as the knife welding woman yelled, "WHERE IS SHE?!?!?" and pulled out a whip. At that, the ballroom broke into a panic, guest tripping over one another to exit on the opposite side, away from the violent couple which had entered the room.
"James Hatter." Emmett muttered as he started to pull Alice towards one of the floor-to-ceiling windows lining the south wall of the room.
"What about James? Whose the woman with him? Why is he here?" Alice asked in a frightened voice.
"March is her name. March Hare. They are two if the most deadly hunters of my people. I will tell you more later, but for now we need to go. Please trust me on this Alice." As Emmett spoke, he sped up his pace, practically running across the ballroom floor, pushing past the streams of guest struggling to get as far away from the odd couple as they could. Alice was looking frantically around, when James and March spotted them, and started leaping from table to table to try to reach the small girl and her white haired guide.
"Emmett! They've seen us!" Alice exclaimed. The practical stranger then did something Alice could hardly comprehend. He picked her up bridal style, and started to sprint to the window, he threw open the window, and stepped out onto the small balcony. Alice wrapped her arms around Emmett's neck, afraid if the three story drop. She looked up at him, wide-eyed with fear. He nodded slightly, confirming her fear. He tucked her closer into his chest and leapt off the balcony.
He landed softly, much like a cat. But he did not hesitate long. He took off at a full sprint away from the mansion that Alice grew up in. She looked back, only to see a figure leap from the balcony, with a cape which extended look the wings of a bat. The figure was followed by a shorter and slimmer figure who flipped off the balcony. Once Emmett had reached half a mile in woods surrounding the King's property did he stop and set Alice down. He then drew out of his coat pocket a small silver object, which looked like a small twig whittled to a point at one end and dipped in silver. He bent over a tree, and by the roots drew a small circle, which the dirt crumbled away, revealing a deep, dark hole. Alice watched in amazement as this happened. Emmett reached out his hand towards hers.
"What are you? Where do you come from?" Alice asked in a stunned voice.
"This portal will take us where I am from. They call it a Rabbit Hole. Please, love, I will explain everything if you come with me." Alice nodded, and slipped her hand in his.