Chapter Nine: Proceed With Caution

Emma Riley

Outside Ryker's Apartment Building

I had to sit in my car for a while before driving. I was so turned on by what just happened I couldn't think straight. I didn't trust myself behind the wheel right now.

I listened to music on the radio, a song I didn't recognize. I don't smoke, but I was craving a cigarette right about now. I don't know what it is about sex and cigarettes that seem to go hand and hand.

There was part of me that felt like an idiot for stopping it. There was a part of me....still tempted to get out of my durango and run back up there and beg for it. Oh my God.. when did I become such a slut? My personal guess is, about two minutes ago.

You know something? One of these days, I'm going to actually clean when I arrive at his house. I rolled my eyes at myself. I didn't like feeling..unprofessional.

I guess I wasn't used to it. I'm not the kind of girl who does things like this. This isn't me. I mean..holy shit.

I almost let Ryker Fox  fuck me against the wall! How the hell did this become my life?! I haven't slept with anyone except for a guy I was in a relationship with for a year and I totally almost just..oh, God.

Panic was beginning to set in as I started to come to terms with what just happened. On one hand, it all felt too overwhelming. On the other hand, it was the most exciting thing that's ever happened to me.

I could still feel his lips..his hands on my skin. I looked at myself in the rearview mirror, and I looked a mess.

My mascara was smudged, my hair every which way where he had grabbed it, my face was red from blushing. I tried to improve my appearance in vain before finally giving up.

I need to take my mind off all this. I needed to clear my head. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed Gina's cell phone, hoping she would answer.

"Hey, you. What's the latest tea?" Gina answered, immediately ready to gossip. I couldn't help but smirk, just wait until she hears this.

"Where are you right now? Can I meet you somewhere?" I asked. I didn't really care where she was right now, I just needed to talk to someone.

"I'm at the salon, come on by whenever." She said, sounding excited. She could probably hear in my voice something was up. She knew me too well.

"I'm on my way." I hung up the phone and put it back in my pocket before finally starting my car. I took a deep breath, taking one last look at Ryker Fox's building before driving towards Gina's work.

I had no idea how it was going to be seeing him again after what just happened.

Ryker Fox

Ryker's Balcony

After Emma Riley  left, admittedly I had to rub one out. Part of me felt like stomping my foot like a little kid. So fucking close.

However, I can understand why she wasn't ready to go there. The greatest things worth having are always a challenge. When she is ready..not if, but when, I want all of her. Every inch of her.