Chapter 45

We were back inside the car while Leo drove off. It was already dark when we left. After the unexpected announcement fron uncle Leonardo, i was still pressured, anxiety was attacking me. When we arrived in front of the door, i immediately jumped out of the car without a need of assistance.

There i saw standing, Simon and Violet with a welcoming smile, giving me a greeting not verbally. I walked pass them as i ignored Leo's calling me from behind as he try to catch up with me. I ignored everyone, everything and shut the door close behind me and locked myself inside. Isolating myself in the darkness of my room. I sat myself at the centre of my bed, pulling both of my legs close to my chest as i hug myself, burying my face to my hugged legs.

Then, i heard a knock on the door. "Miss (y/n)?" I heard Simon with a hint of concern in his voice. "Go away." I sobbed, my voice cracked. Just when i thought he went away, the door suddenly began to unlock and Simon entered inside willingly.

I looked up and wiped away my tears, "Please...go away, please." I plead. Simon sigh, "Miss (y/n)..." He looked at me is if i was a poor thing. "Open up to me." Simon looked deeply into my eyes, casting me comfort. "Simon...please" i plead once more, looking away. But it had no affect to it as he ignored it.

He knew that he had no chance. He pulled me close to him as he gave me a hug. I let myself fall under his warmth and hug as i cried on his shoulder, his hands rubbing my back to calm me down. "Shhh...shhh"

"I'm here (y/n), i won't leave you. Not until you want me to." Simon whispered, "I don't want you to leave..." I sobbed in between my sentence. He let go of me and looked into my eyes, "I..." I closed my mouth, feeling a wave of embarassment of what i just said. I looked away from him.

Then, he made me look back at him, his hand under my chin. "(y/n), i..." His voice was husky, his breath tickling my cheeks. He began to lean forward, and i automatically did the same. I was about to close my eyes when he backed away, he stood up, pulling his hand away under my chin away.

He shook his head in disbelief. He fixed his posture as he smoothen his wrinkled pants and black blazer. He ran his hand to his blonde hair and cleared his throat purposely, trying not to be awkward. "I-i'll send in Violet." Simon didn't waste no time as he rushed out of my room.

Simon's POV
I slam the door close behind me. I stayed there, trying to process what had just happened. I slapped myself and shook out the thought, shutting it off. What is going on with me? I thought.

I began to walk back to my bed chamber. But every step i take, (y/n) began to flash into my mind. It made me want to run away, run away like a coward. I wanted her, i needed her. I wanted to comfort her so bad, but at the same time, i don't want too. I can't.

It'll just hurt you again, Simon. I thought once again. Just then, i bumped into Violet. "What's with the long face?" Violet asked as she tilt her head. Then, she smirked. She crossed her arms and chuckled, "Thinking about madame, eh?" She teased.

"Shut it. I already told yo--" she rolled her eyes and put her index finger to my lips, shutting me up. "Simon, i know that you're afraid that it might happen again," she paused for a moment until she resumes, "but that was five years ago..."

Ah, yes, five years ago.

Five years ago...

We were at a club, it was midnight, and people were still around, dancing while the music kept on going. The club was dark, the only source of light was the neon light sticks and other glow in the dark things. Evelyn was in front of me, swaying her hips side to side while my hands was on her hips. Then, she pulled me towards her, i could feel her breath tickling my ear, "Having fun, love?" Evelyn asked. "Yeah, definetly." I chuckle.

She laughed. A waiter was struggling to push pass the drunken people, when Evelyn raised up her hand, ordering her sixth shot. I was pretty drunk too. I already had my eleventh shot, making me feel dizzy like i was about to puke.

After going wild and dancing around, we were ask to leave. I argued back, telling them nonsense until they were forced to kick both me and Evelyn out. "Oh love, what a bummer." She said, she didn't seem like she was talking english, rather gibberish.

We both walked back to my car as she stumble from her broken red, shiny high-heels. The car was simple, the color was black and was like any ordinary car. I got in the driver's seat, still completely drunken. Evelyn was sat beside me, already passed out.

I started the car, and drove. Then, in a few minutes, i began to drive faster. I heard sirens going off behind me as i look fully behind, oblivious of what was in front of me. Just then, it all happened. I looked back and saw a car.

I stuttered but held my hand onto the metal handbrake and pulled it, but it wasn't enough. We crashed into another car as it made my car go up in the sky and crash down. Then, i passed out.

When i woke up, i could hear sirens going off. I looked beside me, now completely alarmed. I saw Evelyn, laying there in the seat, her head bleeding. There was a long steel stabbed at her stomach, it was the steel handbrake.

My head began to hurt as i fainted.

Present world...

"Simon, i know you loved Evelyn, but..." Her words faded away as she tried to form a word, "But it wasn't your fault, nor hers. You were drunk, Simon," Violet frowned. She stayed silent, letting me answer, but i didn't.

She sigh. She placed a hand onto my shoulder and looked at me, "I just want to see you lively again. Isn't that much asking for? I know that you love (y/n), you can't deny love, Simon." Violet pat my shoulder and walked pass me, leaving me with my thoughts.