Round 1 Results - Mystery/Action/Adventure

Yo people, next list is up! 

Thank you for your patience, everyone. 

Huge thanks to the judges of this genre - overly_thinking , HotChoclateCreme and kmmmcekd ! You guys are amazing!
The below-mentioned books move on to the next round, Round 2 where the Top 6 will be picked to move on to the final Round 3. 

A note to the participants, you guys are ALL excellent writers. So don't be disheartened if you don't see your name up here. I'm adding a short review of each selected book so that aspiring writers can know what makes a judge tick.

For those who did make it, congratulations! See you in the next round.

Judges, you will be reassigned new books for Round 2 (of course). So if you judged this genre, and wish to do it again, PLEASE comment below.

Here we go!

1) Beneath Our Lies - BraveSexyStrong

Score: 40/40

Review: In the first chapter of Beneath Our Lies, it starts with a preface that sets the tone of the story as a little dark because the main character's life has been ruined. Another thing that makes the preface compelling is that it doesn't give you all the information and it presents the theme which is love. The disadvantage to doing this is there's no dialogue to show how the main character interacts with people.

2) The Knight and the Peasant - SirTurtletheIII

Score: 50/50

Review: The blurb does what it should; introduce your main character, what challenges they are going to face and a glimpse into how they may face this challenge. Your book cover was clear and easy to read even at thumbnail size and the colours did not clash whatsoever.

Dialogue between your characters was clear and the structuring of your dialogue was just right.The development of your characters from the first chapter was very good and it also showsinsight into their personalities.Your introduction was great although it was not instantly hooking. Diction is also perfect and we love the way in which you word each and every sentence with care just so your readers will not be confused on their journey in the world you created.

3) Felix Stone and the 10 truths - marionstartley

Score: 49/50

Review: The dialogue between your characters are great and also the structuring of your dialogues as well. The spelling is great too as well as your grammar. The characters' personalities are as well developed as they can be for a prologue which is really good also. Your introduction gradually hooked readers deeper and deeper into your novel which is very good. 

The diction is one point as well, using words correctly and in such a way as to set the atmosphere for your novel

4) The Last Messenger - JasminesNovels

Score: 47/50

Review: One of the best things in this book so far is the emotions such as love Eleta has for her grandmother and it plays with the heartstrings. This is communicated when Eleta talks her, this in turn causes really enhances the dialogue and causes some moments to have tension. Something that can make the story better is to include imagery or figurative language to describe Eleta's surroundings.