ahoy! - steve harrington

prompts: 21 &8
"I'm not a dude, dill hole"
"Why aren't you dating him?"

Takes place in season 3 obviously (the best season) 👀✌️

UNEDITED

———

"Ahoy, ladies!" I heard the Scoops Ahoy cashier say to the girls in front of me in line. Oh boy, he sounds annoying.

As I walk up, a girl from the back says "You suck!" And pulls out a board and puts a tally on it. The boy, who's name tag reads 'Steve' rolls his eyes.

"Welcome to Scoops Ahoy, what can I get you today?" He asked politely, having clearly failed from his other mannerisms.

"Um, just a small mint chocolate chip in a cup, please," I smiled.

"Okay," he smiled back, getting me my ice cream and telling me the price.

"Thank you," I say, paying and taking the ice cream.

"Enjoy, please come again," he smiled. Shit. I gotta admit it: he's charming.

-

"Mint chocolate chip," I say, having come back to Scoops Ahoy for the tenth time in two weeks.

"Saw you coming, already got it," Steve says, pulling a small cup of it out of the freezer.

"What if I wanted something different?" I defend.

"Okay, sure," he says sarcastically. I pay, and he says, "See you around?"

"You know it," I say, walking away, enjoying my fifth mint ice cream in two weeks.

-

I walk up to the deserted counter of Scoops Ahoy and ding the bell.

No answer.

I sing it a few more times, and the other worker, a girl, comes out. "Hi, what can I get you?" She sighs. Her name is Robin.

I order my usual and ask, "Hey, um...is Steve here?"

"Ugh, why aren't you dating him?" She asks.

"Huh?" I say, confused.

"You're literally here all the time, and when he sees its you, he insists on taking your order. In fact, he doesn't let me do it ever."

"Oh," I say, kind of exited now. "Well, where is he then?"

"In the back decoding Russian with a ten year old," she says bluntly.

"He's doing what now?" I ask, as I hear him laughing.

"Yeah," she says, eyes wide.

"Hey dingus!" She shouts, opening the door. "Your girlfriend's here!"

"I said I'm not—" I say, but stopping myself.

"Dude, she's not my girlfriend!" He whisper shouts at Robin.

"I'm not a dude, dill hole," she snaps. "Anyway, she wanted to see you." She finishes and walks in the back.

"Hey Steve," I say. "I heard you're decoding Russian with a ten year old?"

"What? No I'm not, why would you think that?" He says, clearly lying.

"Robin told me," I say.

"Bitch," he says under his breath. "Okay first of all, his name is Dustin and he's fourteen, and he's super cool," he defends. "And...it was his idea not mine, I'm not a spy."

"I believe you," I say, arms crossed. "I just wanted to ask...if you'd maybe go out with me sometime?"

His face lit up. "Really?" I nodded. "Okay, um...here I'll give you my number..." he ran behind the counter and scribbled his number on an old receipt, one for a small mint chocolate chip ice cream.

"I'll see you around," he smirks. I smile and walk away.

-

Little did I know he wouldn't show up because he was drugged in a Russian base under the mall. :) #russiantingz

———

LMAO WHAT WAS THIS 😳😳

#russiantingz

I love Steve so much and I got him as a funko pop in the Scoops Ahoy uniform and I fucking love it so much