"Camp Half-blood.". The older guy replied, "and I'm Ian. This is Damien," he said pointing to the other brunet, "Courtney," he motioned to the girl, "Keith, and well you already know Noah."

"Camp Half-blood... is that some sort of Harry Potter thing?" I asked and Damien let out a short laugh.

"Sorry," He said, clearing his throat and grinning. "No it's a camp for demi-gods. I don't know how much Noah explained to you..." He trailed of, glancing over towards the other boy.

"We pretty much covered, the whole, monsters and gods from Greek Mythology are real part, but not much more than that." Noah replied, before speaking directly to me. "you know how I said this was a safe place? Well it's a haven for people like you, people like all of us." He said, gesturing towards the others in the room.

"The camp is protected, sort of like we're in our own personal force field." Courtney added.

"So, all of you are demi gods?" Shayne asked, still trying to wrap his head around the fact that he was one as well.

"Yup." Nodded Keith. "My dad is Dionysus. Noah's in Demeter's Cabin, Ian's in Hermes, Damien's in Hephaestus's, and Courtney's in Athena's."

"Cabins?" Shayne asked confused.

"Well it is a camp here after all." explained Ian. "there's a cabin for each god or goddess. When they claim you as their kid, then you join that cabin. Unless you aren't claimed, that is, and then you'd just stay in Hermes cabin too."

"I guess that's where I would be then." Shayne said, soaking in the new information. "I don't know who my dad is."

"Oh, we've got a pretty good feeling who's cabin you'll be in." Keith put in and Noah elbowed him in the arm.

"Ouch."

"Speaking of," Courtney interrupted, "Are you feeling good enough to stand? We should go meet with the rest of the counselors."

I nodded and Noah and Damien helped pull me up. I was still feeling a little woozy but I tried to ignore it. I was curios about the other counselors, and wanted to learn more about this place. I followed the group of demi gods down the hall and into what looked like a meeting room. There were several people already seated around the table.

"Oh, so he finally woke up." Grinned a short boy with a shock of flaming orange hair. He was seated between two girls. One with was petite with delicate features and long black hair, another girl with purple hair pulled back from her face in intricate braids.

"Shayne, meet Lasercorn." Ian chuckled before pulling out a chair and sitting down next to the dark-haired girl. "Our resident hot headed Aries."

"Hey! I resent that." Lasercorn shot back.

"Hi," I nodded, sitting down at the table as well. "Um, and who are you two?"

"I'm Mari," smiled the girl with purple hair. "I'm head of Apollo's cabin."

"And I'm Olivia. My cabin's Aphrodite." The other girl added. By my count that made eight different gods and goddesses but I was realizing that there were a few they left out. And some pretty major ones at that.

"I don't know much about Greek mythology but aren't you guys missing some head counselors?" I asked. "Where are Zeus, Poseidon and Hades kids."

The group of counselors looked between each other before Damien spoke up. "Well it isn't really common for those gods to have kids."

"Their demi gods were too powerful, and after WWII, they made a pact not to. As far as I know, they've stuck to it." Courtney added.

I nodded. Ok, that made sense I guess. It all still felt a little unbelievable to me. Ian cleared his throat.

"So now that we've all introduced ourselves, let's get started I guess." He said, and the other counselors nodded.

"Well since Chiron our camp director isn't here, I'll head the meeting. So, welcome to camp half-blood Shayne. Keeping Young Heroes Safe from Harm (Mostly) For Over Three Millennia." The others stifled laughs at Ian's sarcastic rendition of what must be the camps tagline.

"We got word that there was a demigod in need of help which was why we sent Noah out to bring you here. We didn't realize how much trouble you would run into, or we would have sent more people. Sorry about that." He added shooting me a sheepish grin.

"No worries," I joked with a grin. "Nothing like running for your life from mosters, huh Noah." I asked the boy to my right."

Noah laughed and nodded, before turning to Ian. "I don't forgive you for sending me out there alone." He said teasingly.

"Alright boys, settle down." Laughed Courtney.

"You're here now. So it doesn't really matter."

"It probably would have mattered if they hadn't made it." Olivia put in, and Mari bit her lip holding back a laugh.

"Anyways," Ian continued, taking over his friends. "Camp half blood is a safe space for us, but it's also a camp and a training ground. We have a sword fighting arena, a climbing wall with lava for training, an amphitheater, stables, and of course an armory. We're in the big house now and there are cabins for each god or goddess's children."

My head swam with this new information, drinking it all in. training grounds, as in training to fight off monsters. A part of me liked the sound of that. I wanted to be able to take care of myself, out in the real world now that I really knew what was out there.

"How about we get you settled in a cabin and then show you around the campus?" Courtney suggested.

"I- I don't really know where to go." I said nervously, looking around the table. I was glad for everyone's help and the safe place to stay but I felt slightly out of place. All evidence was pointing towards me being a demi god, but I didn't know who my godly parent was or where I belonged.

"Don't worry about it man, like I said, you can stay in the Hermes cabin until you're claimed. I'm a little bias but it's definitely the best one he-" Ian started but he cut himself short, staring wide eyed at something just above my head.

I looked up, hovering above me was a glowing holographic image of what looked like a lightning bolt. It shown brightly, casting a blue haze over the room. And I looked around at the other counselors who were all staring up at the symbol in shock.

"You're being claimed man."

"A lightning bolt... my dad is Zeus?"

"Hell yeah, I knew it." Keith said, as I stared up in awe at the glowing lightning bolt above my head.

Honestly I didn't even really care who my godly parent was. I had lived my whole life without them thank you very much. But as I looked up at the fading symbol, I couldn't help but smile. I finally felt like I had found somewhere that I belonged.